Senior Backend Ruby on Rails Engineer
Codelitt helps companies build new products and solve their most pressing problems with the speed, technology, and innovation of a startup. We are passionate about improving the lives of our users through the products we build.
We are looking to hire a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our growing global, diverse and collaborative team, supporting several complex projects. This role will be fully responsible for stabilizing a set of Ruby on Rails APIs as well as upgrading them.
. This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and partners with the Engineering Team and cross-functional stakeholders. This role is full-time and 100% remote!
Who you Are:
- Does working in a fast-paced always changing tech environment excite you? Codelitt works on innovation, and that happens fast! The projects we design are architectured for the next year!
- You are passionate about communication transparency! Do you believe that communication is the core of a collaborative team?! and to rally the team and bring them with you?
- Seeker of improvements, lover of feedback, always curious, never satisfied - continually learning and improving. You have the grit and motivation to push yourself forward!
What you´ll do:
- In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you'll be responsible for stabilizing a set of Ruby on Rails APIs as well as upgrading them.
- You'll work cross-functionally to problem-solve, communicate consistently and align solutions.
- You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your skills as we grow our client base of F500 firms, innovative tech companies, partnerships, and acquisitions.
- You will be working on a platform that allows churches to create their own websites. It has Rails 4.2 across its APIs and we intend to upgrade them.
- We work with Ruby on Rails Full Stack; Postgres; Cloud 66 and AWS.
- 5+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Ability to architect all components of back-end projects
- Proven experience with DevOps and AWS
- Experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- Ability to run projects through solid processes (Git flow, code reviews, reviewing stories, planning).
- Ability to use Git for all of your projects
- Strong knowledge in OOP and software design principles
- English - Conversational
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communications
Really Nice to Haves:
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Experience working and collaborating with remote teams
- Tech services experience
- Entrepreneurial & Start-up experience
- 100% Remote - The flexibility to work anywhere you prefer and feel most productive
- Generous PTO Policy - 30 days available annually, take the time you need when you need it!
- Paid Sick Days, we want you to feel supported to take the time to unplug and recuperate when you need.
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity: up to 12 weeks & Paternity: up to 2 weeks)
- New hire home office stipend, to make your workspace your own!
- Numerous team building events throughout the year to unwind and get to know your awesome teammates
- (Only in US W2 offers) - Coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- (Only in US W2 offers) - 401K with company contribution
Codelitt's a small, tight-knit global team that moves quickly! We have fun together while building amazing products and partnering with clients and teammates from around the world!
If this sounds like what you are looking for, we can't wait to hear from you!
We will be in touch as soon as possible if there's a good fit. Thanks for your interest in Codelitt!
Note: We are not interested in working with recruiters or any agencies (design, engineering, etc.) at this time.