Senior linux server administrator (Linux & Ruby on Rails)
Codelitt helps companies build new products and solve their most pressing problems with the speed, technology, and innovation of a startup. We are passionate about improving the lives of our users through the products we build.
Codelitt is looking for a Senior Linux admin with experience managing Rails applications. You will be responsible for maintaining one of our applications working correctly and supporting our clients by providing customer support.
As we're a fully distributed team, we are looking for someone that communicates, collaborates, and thrives well in a remote environment.
Who you are:
- You love working with Linux server administration
- You are passionate about communication transparency!
- Do you believe that communication is the core of a collaborative team? and to rally the team and bring them with you?
- Seeker of improvements, lover of feedback, always curious, never satisfied - continually learning and improving.
- You have the grit and motivation to push yourself forward!
What you´ll do:
- Maintain a high availability Ruby on Rails application
- Own our servers and assure they are always up and running seamlessly
- Review our customer support tickets and address users' issues related to the tool
- Answer customer support calls
- Help in troubleshooting problems our customers might encounter
- Provide help and guidance to other engineers on the project
- Application for Subversion hosting, Git hosting, and Trac hosting
- We are the premier provider of cloud-based development solutions and our services are used by developers in over 100 countries around the world.
- The project is built in Ruby on Rails.
- The version control system is SVN
- We use AWS servers
- 3 years of experience managing Linux servers
- 1-2 years of experience managing Rails applications
- Fluent in English
- Strong knowledge of Linux administration practices
- Strong knowledge of SVN and Git
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with building secure servers
Nice to have
- Experience with customer support
- Experience in developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with server observability tools
- Experience with The Trac Project
We will be in touch as soon as possible if there's a good fit. Thanks for your interest in Codelitt!
Note: We are not interested in working with recruiters or any agencies (design, engineering, etc.) at this time.