Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Codelitt helps companies build new products and solve their most pressing problems with the speed, technology, and innovation of a startup. We are passionate about improving the lives of our users through the products we build.
We are looking to hire a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our growing global, diverse and collaborative team, supporting several complex projects. This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and partners with the Engineering Team and cross-functional stakeholders. This role is full-time and 100% remote!
Who you Are:
- Looking for an opportunity to deliver features from the beginning, and architect solutions, while keeping aligned with our architecture and current features.
- Does working in a fast-paced always changing tech environment excite you? Codelitt works on innovation, and that happens fast! The projects we design are architectured for the next year!
- You are passionate about communication transparency! Do you believe that communication is the core of a collaborative team?! and to rally the team and bring them with you?
- Seeker of improvements, lover of feedback, always curious, never satisfied - continually learning and improving. You have the grit and motivation to push yourself forward!
What you´ll do:
- In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you'll be responsible for building highly complex applications.
- You will be responsible for building and implementing a currently in-progress internal product, discussing features from start to finish, defining best practices, fixing bugs, and providing feedback that helps us grow as a team. We value new ideas!
- You'll work cross-functionally to problem-solve, communicate consistently and align solutions.
- You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your skills as we grow our client base of F500 firms, innovative tech companies, partnerships, and acquisitions.
- You will be working on a platform that connects top journalists and producers with leading subject matter experts and organizations. This comprehensive software is helping connect experts all around the globe with media outlets that need their expertise and voice on the subjects they know best!
- We work with Ruby on Rails Full Stack; Postgres; Docker and Convox as the deployment tool to Digital Ocean.
- 5+ years of general software engineering experience
- 3 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Ability to architect all components of back-end projects
- Experience reading API documentation and working with different endpoints to compose the desired effect
- Ability to run projects through solid processes (Git flow, code reviews, reviewing stories, planning).
- Ability to use Git for all of your projects
- Strong knowledge in OOP and software design principles
- English - Conversational
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communications
Really Nice to Haves:
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Experience working and collaborating with remote teams
- Tech services experience
- Entrepreneurial & Start-up experience
- 100% Remote - The flexibility to work anywhere you prefer and feel most productive
- Generous PTO Policy - 38 days available annually, take the time you need when you need it! *This includes our Winter-Holiday business closure of 8 days, we break to give everyone an opportunity to recharge for the New Year!
- Paid Sick Days, we want you to feel supported to take the time to unplug and recuperate when you need.
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity: up to 12 weeks & Paternity: up to 2 weeks)
- New hire home office stipend, to make your workspace your own!
- Numerous team building events throughout the year to unwind and get to know your awesome teammates
- (Only in US W2 offers) - Coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- (Only in US W2 offers) - 401K with company contribution
We will be in touch as soon as possible if there's a good fit. Thanks for your interest in Codelitt!
Note: We are not interested in working with recruiters or any agencies (design, engineering, etc.) at this time.