Head of Operations
Codelitt helps companies build new products and solve their most pressing problems with the speed, technology, and innovation of a startup. We are passionate about improving the lives of our users through the products we build.
About the role:
We are looking to hire a Head of Operations to join our growing global, diverse and collaborative team, supporting several complex projects.
This role requires a high level of independence and a strong ability to execute. This role oversees the operational activities of Codelitt and ensures that the workforce is productive. Duties include working with other senior staff on strategic planning, ensuring that staff is all aware of operational best practices, and implementing new technologies.
We are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about curating the best processes, delivering top-quality products and services, and is great at relationship building: both within the company and outside it.
This role reports to the Integrator of the company, and partners with the Head of Sales, Head of People Operations, Head of Engineering, and Head of Design and Research.
This role is full-time and 100% remote.
Who you are:
- You have unparalleled communication skills.
- You are kind, you practice active listening, and you build trust with both your teams and clients.
- You are a great conflict manager
- You are passionate about customer service.
- You believe that communication is the core of a collaborative team and to rally the team and bring them with you.
- You are a doer and a self-starter.
- You always err on the side of action
- You have excellent IT skills and knowledge of industry-specific software
- You have project management skills and knowledge of methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, and Lean
- You are well versed in auditing and monitoring outputs and analyzing data
- You are a leader.
- You have great managerial skills and are able to motivate and retain staff
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills
- You are great at time management and have the necessary skills and abilities to prioritize effectively and delegate when appropriate
- Seeker of improvements, lover of feedback, always curious, never satisfied - continually learning and improving.
- You have the grit and motivation to push yourself and your teams forward
- You love the flexibility and are able to juggle the changing needs of a client or the business
- You understand the best approach to operational processes and can back this up with data
What you’ll do:
- In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you'll be responsible for overseeing many different areas of the business, including:
- Overseeing expenses and budgeting to help the organization optimize billings vs bookings
- Designing new processes to improve quality or increase productivity or profitability
- Working closely with other heads of departments to improve efficiency as well as formulating resourcing strategies
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the industry, including challenges and opportunities in the sector
- Managing, leading, and keeping Project Managers accountable
- Partnering with Project Managers to ensure each project is being run with the proper ceremonies that will lead to good service delivery, and help train where needed
- Managing the PM department and help setting up quarterly rocks, metrics, and goals aligned to the company’s vision
- Reporting on operational performance and suggesting improvements
- Managing customer service and ensuring customer retention through excellent execution
- Partnering with Sales and be responsible to help with scoping new opportunities identified with clients, and partnering with People Ops to ensure those opportunities can be staffed in a timely manner
- Partnering with Design, Research and Engineering leads to providing estimations to the Sales team on new opportunities
- Leading in unifying our service delivery objectives and driving forward service consistency
- Creating dashboards that show the team’s velocity, and effectiveness and allow Codelitt to stay ahead of potential bottlenecks 6 and 12 months down the road
- Working with the Sales team to make sure that there’s no opportunity we’re not prepared to execute on or can’t execute on, and you partner with the project teams to ensure we’re delivering great services and products
- 5 years of experience in a similar senior management position with leadership responsibilities
- Superb understanding of AgileDemonstrated experience leading large projects, interpreting project requirements, and working directly with clients to develop customized solutions
- Solid experience in managing a project risk management process, strong troubleshooting expertise, problem-solving, issue-management skills, and customer service skills
- Excellent listening, oral and written communications; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- English - Conversational
- Good data analysis skills
- Understanding how to build processes, procedures, and measure and improve upon them
Really Nice to Haves:
- Experience working and collaborating with remote teams
- Entrepreneurial & Start-up experience
- 100% Remote - The flexibility to work anywhere you prefer and feel most productive
- Generous PTO Policy - 30 days available annually; take the time you need when you need it!
- Paid Sick Days - we want you to feel supported to take the time to unplug and recuperate when you need.
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity: up to 12 weeks & Paternity: up to 2 weeks)
- New hire home office stipend - make your workspace your own!
- Numerous team-building events throughout the year to unwind and get to know your awesome teammates!
- (Only in US W2 offers) - Coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- (Only in US W2 offers) - 401K with company contribution
We will be in touch as soon as possible if there's a good fit. Thanks for your interest in Codelitt!
Note: We are not interested in working with recruiters or any agencies (design, engineering, etc.) at this time.