Sales Development Representative (East Coast)
Sales – Enterprise /
Coder is on a mission to build the best products available for developers. We are looking for a highly motivated self starter to join our commercial sales team. The Sales Development Representative will focus on new business development through proactive marketing, managing inbound leads, generating new outbound opportunities, and establishing meaningful relationships with customers.The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and exceptional people skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Appropriately qualify and contact all inbound leads
- Research key accounts, identify stakeholders, and create target prospect lists
- Set meetings and drive new outbound opportunities using personalized outreach through multiple platforms (phone, email, video, social networks, etc.)
- Conduct discussions with prospects and existing customers over the phone to identify and qualify opportunities
- Understand customer pain points, gather technical requirements, and correlate business value to customer needs
- Work directly with our Sales Team and Customer Success Team to create action plans to close business
- Generate interest and provide vision of Coder solutions to potential customers
- Collaborate closely with Account Executives and provide detailed call notes to ensure the opportunity is understood and next steps are clearly defined
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1 year or more of experience in SaaS prospecting or sales
- 1 year or more of experience using a CRM/Customer Relationship Management tool
- Self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Knowledge of developer tool sets ecosystem
- Decisive and result oriented who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Enthusiastic and passionate about helping to improve efficiency and productivity for developers
Bonus points if you have:
- Software development experience
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Humanity is the ability to make your peers and partners happy to work with you. This includes being social and open with your coworkers and building deep trusts. In a remote company you don't get this for free, you have to intentionally work for it.
Efficiency is the tendency to optimize your time:output. It is linked with workflow-obsession and maximal utilization of tools.
Feedback is the tendency to seek external validation. That means measuring over assuming. This is linked with reduced cycle times and iterative approaches.