Partner/ Channel Manager
Sales – Public Sector /
Coder is seeking a talented, accomplished individual who excels at end-user selling through partner relationships to join our team as it’s Partner/Channel Manager.
The Partner/Channel Manager’s mission is to build Coder’s Partner Network. In order for us to accomplish this goal, we need a new Partner/Channel Manager with channel, sales, and strategy experience. This is a channel sales role for the US Public Sector and will work with Value Added Resellers (VARs and Distributors and Managed Service Providers (MSPs). You will manage and expand existing channel partnerships, working towards the Coder channel strategy focused on winning new customers, and expanding our technology footprint with existing customers through our channel partner program. Travel required.
- Cultivate strong working relationships at our partners, providing partners with the resources to identify new opportunities and build a Partner sourced pipeline
- Support and execute channel-driven sales plans with partners, systems engineers, and sales specialists
- Accelerate revenue and new customer acquisition through Coder's Channel program and meeting plan expectations
- Manage strategic partnerships following the values outlined in Coder’s Global Partner Program
- Generate demand among prospects and customers in collaboration with our partners
- Enable partners to understand and sell our solutions and products
- Deliver revenue and profitability targets while enhancing partner and customer satisfaction
- Ensure accuracy of account planning and forecasting across partners, customers and prospects
- Travel as necessary within your area and to company-wide meetings
- Attend industry events, working with partners to create incremental business
- Close new business deals by coordinating with partners and internal Coder team
- Measure and provide success metrics to partners and the business, analyzing business intelligence and making strategic adjustments
- Work with direct sales and marketing organization to socialize the value proposition of our partnerships
- Establish and use senior level contacts in partner organizations to accomplish joint partner strategy
You may be a fit if you have:
- 5+ years Federal field sales and/or business development experience in the software industry
- 3+ years field sales and/or business development experience in Open Source or DevSecOps sector
- 3+ years channel manager experience
- Skills required include: closing skills, motivation for sales, prospecting skills, sales planning, business planning
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue goals
- Strong organizational, planning, communication and negotiation skills
- Positive, growth-oriented mindset
- Thrives in a matrixed, team environment anchored by values of Collaboration, Disruption, Execution, Inclusion, and Integrity
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Humanity is the ability to make your peers and partners happy to work with you. This includes being social and open with your coworkers and building deep trusts. In a remote company you don't get this for free, you have to intentionally work for it.
Efficiency is the tendency to optimize your time:output. It is linked with workflow-obsession and maximal utilization of tools.
Feedback is the tendency to seek external validation. That means measuring over assuming. This is linked with reduced cycle times and iterative approaches.