Director of Engineering
Coder automatically configures, secures, and powers development environments, letting developers focus on the product. We are rapidly expanding and are looking for a technical leader to mentor, train, and build out our engineering team. You would work alongside the CTO in managing the engineering team while balancing business requirements and priorities.
- Drive the end-to-end research, design, and development of a feature or product goal
- Work closely with senior leadership, product management, and other teams within the company to develop, update, and implement strategies for Coder's success
- Communicate engineering performance and project status to leadership, stakeholders, and customers
- Help developers grow and achieve their career goals
- Hands-on coding and review
- Collaborate on and deliver the product roadmap
- Publicize quantitative and qualitative quality metrics and risk to stakeholders
- Attract and hire high quality Engineers
- Prior experience as a Software Engineer
- Prior experience in a business or management role
- Prior experience writing OR managing a team that writes in Go and/or Typescript
- Leads by example, is hands-on and has a passionate drive for success
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to establish strong partnerships and communicate with transparency and clarity
- Experience at an early stage startup
- Experience delivering on-prem software to enterprises
- Open source work
- Passion for user experience and open source technology
What Makes Coder Different?
The focus at Coder is on engineering. We also value diversity, and believe multiple perspectives will result in stronger and more enduring solutions.
Coder offers the potential for tremendous business and personal growth. The cadence of work and deadlines depends on where the product is in development. You can expect a fast-paced development environment and minimal meetings.
Efficiency: We spend our time creating accelerated workflows for developers. It is logical and natural that our own workflows are just as streamlined.
Candor: Our team improves from continuous constructive feedback. We look for employees who are open and honest with their team.
Ownership: Team members are responsible for their specific part of the company. We take pride in what we do and what we create; constructive feedback and diverse opinions will keep us on a path of continual success.