Automation Tester (Mid/Senior)
Codility is advancing the way businesses hire tech talent. Our software platform helps tech recruiters and hiring managers assess their developer candidates' skills by testing their code online. This empowers tech hiring teams to quickly gather reliable insights to decide which candidates are the best fit for any technical role. With over 1,200 customers (including Citi, Zalando, Amazon, Intel, and BMW) and over 6 million assessments delivered, we’re the leader in technical pre-employment testing solutions.
You'll be working with the engineering team on daily basis, through the whole software development process - from defining acceptance criteria together with the product owner and UX designer till ensuring that final product satisfies customers’ needs. You will be constantly advocating for our customers and making sure that developers do not miss any edge case.
At Codility Testers and devs are not enemies - we work together at every step supporting each other in order to deliver a true coding masterpiece. Tester is also an integral part of the team - you will be contributing in all of the team activities, including brainstormings and new features workshops organized according to modern agile techniques.
What you'll do all day:
- collaborating with the team on defining acceptance criteria for new features we will be working on;
- creating the test plans based on customer's need;
- contributing to our automated tests codebase;
- collaborating with product support and sales engineers;
- performing investigations on client facing problems.
You will love this job if you:
- enjoy working in cross-functional, product-oriented teams;
- have an eye for details and are able to think out-of-the-box;
- always advocate for best possible user experience;
- understand best practices and industry standards of quality assurance
- have a practical experience in test automation and are eager to implement best practices of it;
- are comfortable working in English.
We are recruiting Automation Tester at 2 different seniority level based on your current skills and experience:
Mid-level - if you:
- have a real-world experience in testing of Web applications;
- have experience in test APIs;
- have experience working in Agile;
- have practical knowledge of GIT;
- have working experience with test automation, preferably using Page Object Pattern;
- have practical coding knowledge and understands coding concepts (big O notation, tests, frameworks);
- know how to quickly debug and fix problems with testing code;
- understands and advocates for best QA practices and process improvements;
- know how to advocate for best end-client experience and is willing to work together with the design team to ensure that.
Nice to have - ISTQB certificate;
Senior - if in addition to mid-level you:
- have very strong coding skills
- have experience in solving client problems and knows how to prioritize them
- know how to solve test automation challenges and is able to find and use proper tools to achieve that
- know how to talk with clients, have very strong soft skills in experience complex things to tech and non-tech people
- know how to point out potential problems during the phase of refining feature before implementation
- has experience at or is willing onboard and mentor less experienced colleagues, especially junior developers.
Our tech stack:
- project tracking tool: JIRA
- test automation: Java, Cucumber, Webdriver,
- backend: Python 3.7, Django,
- frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest,
- database: PostgreSQL, Redshift,
- infrastructure: Kubernetes, AWS, Chef, Go.
What we offer:
- transparent compensation:
mid - 11k PLN monthly (net B2B/cost to company for other contracts),
senior - 14k PLN monthly (net B2B/cost to company for other contracts),
- employee stock incentive,
- international team environment,
- work equipment of your choice (12 000 PLN for 2 years),
- vacation policy for all types of contracts,
- home office days and employee-friendly working hours
- private medical healthcare,
- health & wellness budget (for a gym membership, yoga classes, massages, etc.),
- personal development budget to help you learn and grow (3 000 PLN for a start + after six months, it increases by 500 zł each month),
- regular Amazon book orders for the Codility library.