Real-Life Task Creator (remote work possible)
Building great engineering teams is difficult to get right. We run a platform used by the biggest and most innovative companies in the world to make sure their teams are filled with great technical talent and make their hiring processes more efficient.
We work with over 1,200 customers including Slack, Twitch, Electronic Arts, Konami, Zalando, Amazon, Intel, and BMW and facilitate over 30,000 candidate assessment sessions on our platform monthly - and show no signs of slowing down. We are the market leader for an ever-growing category. But don’t take our word for it - read what our users are saying.
We are on the lookout for experienced freelancers interested in joining our ever-growing community of Codility Task Creators. Our Creators Community is a curated group of talented engineers, specializing in particular roles, languages, frameworks and fields of development. Together, we create new tasks for the Codility platform. If you’re not sure what a Codility task is,you can see an example here.
Ideas for tasks which allow generating a machine-readable test report (eg. XML, TRX) are easy to implement within our system. We use Docker and GitLab in the process, hold workshops with the team, run a Slack group for Creators to communicate, and provide feedback at each stage of the task creation process.
Being a Codility Task Creator entails:
- Open communication with the Codility product manager and team throughout the creation process,
- Brainstorming new task ideas,
- Preparing a comprehensive task description that is clear, concise and easy to read,
- Building a model solution for the task as well as some wrong and slow solutions in order to assure task score’s granularity in terms of correctness and performance,
- Writing sets of test cases which will be ran against test takers’ solutions at evaluation stage,
- Adjusting the configuration of the task within Codility’s very own platform.
You are likely a good fit if you:
- Consider yourself highly advanced in at least one IT area,
- Enjoy solving programming puzzles,
- Have participated in technical recruitment processes in a hiring manager capacity,
- Care about the details and quality of your code,
- Are delivery oriented.
We offer competitive compensation on a per-task basis. Your level of involvement into the project is as flexible as it comes - no stiff deadlines.