Cody is a fast-paced fitness startup looking for a part-time (15-20 hours/week) Production Assistant. Cody is a profitable startup that creates premium & lifestyle media delivered alongside a passionate community. We’re a tight group of 14 team members with beautiful offices in the heart of Capitol Hill.
This role is a perfect fit if you are a rockstar planner that enjoys hands-on creative thinking work. You will play a crucial role in our media team supporting pre-production logistics and shaping the look of our content. Our ideal candidate has a passion for fitness, health, and supporting the productivity of our pre-production processes. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, take on unique projects and execute operational tasks. If you believe you would thrive with us, let’s chat!
Why this job is important
Cody’s media team operates much like a traditional media studio. Every production is unique, because each product we release has different requirements: different concept, different talent, and thus we want to reflect those unique attributes in our production.
We’re big believers that the success of a Cody production is in the planning and details, and as Production Assistant you will play a crucial role in the creative development of our sets. Your ability to anticipate challenges and creativity in coming up with solutions will enable our film crew and coaches to have the best experience possible when filming.
What you will learn at this job
You will gain a broad perspective of media production, both the creative and the logistics. Together with the associate producer, you will experiment with new ways of streamlining processes and elevating our current ways of organizing pre-production responsibilities. You will work closely with our associate producer to design and coordinate each shoot, as well as handling all logistics including, but not limited to, location scouting, making sure we have lunch on set, paying vendors, and running various errands for our production team. You’ll also learn a great deal about the worlds of marketing and product.
- Work closely with the Associate Producer to coordinate pre-production logistics
- Assist and support delegated pre-production operations such as: coach communication, location scouting, booking travel and lodging, organizing set props and any additional one-off set requests
- Work collaboratively with the entire media team in order to ensure smooth and successful productions
- Assist in scheduling conference calls, managing production calendars, and budget data entry.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or working towards one
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under time constraints
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you have a knack for connecting with a diverse group of personalities, exude positivity and fun
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, successfully multi-task and demonstrate flexibility
- Passionate about fitness, healthy living and the Cody mission
- Familiarity with tools like Google Calendar, Excel, Powerpoint
- Available 4-5 days a week. The idea candidate would be able to come in a few hours every day of the week.
Please note: This is an hourly, part-time position starting at 20 hours a week, with room for growth. Applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.