Cody is looking for a Creative Director to lead our Media Team. This position will report directly to our co-founder and be responsible for co-managing our media team with him. A successful candidate will bring deep media experience, world-class creative vision, a passion for yoga, fitness, and desire to produce the most creative health & wellness productions in the industry.
In this role, you will own the front-end creative process for our media team’s premium (paid content for our subscription production) and lifestyle (brand content, social content) productions (in 2018, we will produce over 200 unique productions, between three crews that are on set in multiple locations around the country, each filming 10-15 days per month). You will be the creative mastermind to lead a team of producers and production managers through the pre-production process. In addition you will be responsible for the representation of each project’s brand in post production. Finally, you will work closely with our marketing team to execute Cody’s creative vision and ensure overall success for the given projects.
- A minimum 7 years of experience in media, entertainment marketing department, network/studio marketing team, or entertainment creative agency working on title launch campaigns (in strategy, digital, or print)
- Passion for the health & wellness industry, particularly the yoga industry is a must
- Keen awareness to trends in the fitness industryStrong eye and sensitivity to aesthetics and art direction
- Experience managing and leading teams in a fast paced and relationship focused environment
- Experience managing a high volume of campaign types in parallel, while collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams.
- Masters degree or greater is preferred.
- Lead the creative direction on brand campaigns
- Lead the creative direction for premium video productions
- Storyboarding and writing scripts for brand campaigns, social videos, and instructional series
- Lead a team of managers to success on upcoming media launches -- from strategy development to creative execution and production.
- Position and develop the art direction and strategic framework around developing Original instructional series and execute based on that strategy.
- Act as the central cross-functional liaison amongst internal teams (Premium Video Production, Lifestyle Video Production, Post Production, Marketing) with a focus on being able to socialize, absorb, organize and address cross-functional feedback (where possible).
Applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered. After a first round interview, candidates will be asked to complete a creative project.