Freelance Health & Fitness Writer
Cody is looking for content writers to craft original fitness and health content: our current focus is on blog articles and premium plan descriptions geared towards the yoga practice. We seek those with a dedicated writing practice who can execute and elaborate on the ideas of our Marketing and Media teams. You will research content as needed, and write from the voice of our company. The plan descriptions and articles you write will educate and entertain.
This is a remote position that is contracted for one year with a check in every three months to make sure the role is a good match for you. The position has potential for renewal. Although remote, you will have close and continuous contact with our Marketing team.
If you believe you would thrive in this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and 1-3 samples of your writing. If we think you may be a good fit, we will contact you with a short, creative writing assignment and short, technical writing assignment to get a feel for your research skills, ability to follow a style guide, and editorial chops.
Why this job is important
Most fitness advice on the internet is poorly written and based on shaky assumptions. We’re experts in capturing fitness with video and photography, but there are certain subjects that require a strong textual component: you would be a key developer in researching and crafting these components. The projects you work on will be critical in helping people discover Cody and build trust in our brand.
- Research, write, and deliver approximately 1-2 plan descriptions and 12 original blog posts every month
- Work with an in-office editor to meet weekly deadlines and revise articles based off feedback
- Speak from Cody’s voice to develop a consistent tone in all articles
- Submit written content to WordPress for publishing upon review
- Effective research skills: ability to seek out trusted sources, synthesize findings and present in Cody’s voice
- Strong communication skills: this position is remote, and requires continuous communication with team members in our Seattle office
- Passion and curiosity about fitness and health: you love keeping up with the latest trends, and learning the ins-and-outs of new subjects
- Flexible and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to move from one project to the next without skipping a beat
Nice to Have
- Yoga and/or general fitness accreditations or experience
- Experience using WordPress
- Prior experience in writing content for high-traffic brands
- Understanding of SEO