Influencer Success Associate
Cody is a fast-paced fitness startup looking for a full-time Influencer Success Associate to join our Marketing team. This role will report directly to the Marketing Manager and will focus on our most valuable community members — our instructors. You will build sustainable relationships with them and become their number one advocate, brand champion, and main point of contact. You will develop and implement instructor promotion and engagement strategies/tactics as they relate to overall Marketing and business initiatives.
Cody is a new-media health and fitness brand that creates workout series and stories based on what really matters: It feels good to do good for yourself. Our ideal candidate has a passion for fitness, health, and improving the wellbeing of our customers. This person has a deep understanding that our instructors have a direct impact on our marketing and our brand’s perceived expertise in the fitness industry.
We’re a tight group of 18 team members with beautiful offices in the heart of Capitol Hill in Seattle, WA. If you believe you would thrive with us, let’s chat!
- You are the Cody instructor’s number one advocate and point of contact. You:
- Know every detail of our instructors’ series on Cody.
- Know the ins and outs of their personal brands, which of their social channels are most important to them, and how they are strategizing to grow their accounts.
- Know the best way to reach them (text, email, phone, dm, whats app, etc).
- Know and celebrate their birthdays, are on a first-name basis with their managers, and know their new puppies’ favorite treats. ;)
- Promote and evangelize these instructors internally. You are the team’s go-to for talent schedules.
- Develop and maintain instructor resources and guidelines.
- Engage with instructors and honor incoming media requests as needed.
- You will partner with our Marketing team to develop and implement instructor promotion and engagement strategies/tactics as they relate to overall Marketing and business initiatives. You:
- Distribute and review all media assets and promotional copy with instructors to ensure smooth and successful releases of new content.
- Stay up to date on multiple production calendars so you can strategize promotions and unique activations on instructor’s social and other instructor-owned properties.
- Enroll and empower instructors to participate with Cody on a more significant level.
- Monitor and measure the success of instructor marketing activations so as to continually find new ways to improve those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Proactively implement solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of cross-team processes and instructor communications.
- Communicate with appropriate teams as instructor-related issues arise and work to resolve those issues quickly.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining authentic relationships quickly and effectively (particularly in the health / fitness space).
- Heavy usage of social media and good sense of trends and best practices on Facebook, Instagram & Stories.
- Clear communication and agility: Our instructors are on the go, traveling the world, so flexible hours may be needed at times.
- Strict attention to detail, near-perfect grammar.
- Enthusiastic about fitness, current events, healthy living, and body positivity.
- Basic knowledge of Google Apps: including Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Calendar.
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to keep up with a rapidly changing internet landscape.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment. Ability to work independently and as a a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize effectively.
- Extravert, high emotional IQ, comfort in social environments.
- Major or minors in communications, marketing, journalism, business, or related fields.
- Coursework with at least one college-level statistics, research methods, or related course.
- Previous social marketing experience using Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, and YouTube.
- Familiarity with marketing concepts such as customer loyalty, lifetime value, acquisition funnels, customer service.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, or other metrics-based dashboards.
- Building relationships with some of the world’s top fitness instructors.
- Competitive salary, health care (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Great snacks and a fun, fast-paced office environment.
Applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered. After an initial phone screening, candidates will be asked to complete a creative marketing project.