Email Marketing Associate
Cody is a fast-paced fitness startup looking for a part-time Email Marketing Associate to execute email campaigns that drive engagement, repeat purchases, and referrals.
At Cody we connect physical movement, technology, and community into a fun fitness experience that lets you focus on what’s really important: Being present in the moment so you can truly enjoy the sweat, strength, and triumph of each workout. Our ideal candidate has a passion for fitness, health, and improving the wellbeing of our customers, as deep understanding of our customers has direct impacts on our marketing and our brand’s perceived expertise in the fitness industry.
We’re a tight group of 17 team members with beautiful offices in the heart of Capitol Hill. If you believe you would thrive with us, please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and why you are driven by Cody’s mission.
- Execute and optimize sales email campaigns for new product launches and promotions.
- Execute evergreen email campaigns and weekly relationship marketing emails for users tailored to their current position in the user lifecycle.
- Execute email campaign A/B testing to analyze, learn, report on, and optimize for re-engagement, upselling, and customer loyalty.
- Track and analyze email performance, and present weekly reports to the marketing team with recommendations on how to optimize emails.
- Report on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting metrics.
- Major or minors in communications, marketing, journalism, business, or related fields.
- Coursework with at least one college-level statistics, research methods, or related course.
- Familiarity with marketing concepts such as customer loyalty, lifetime value, acquisition funnels, user lifecycle management, segmentation, and customer service.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, Excel or Google Sheets, and email marketing.
- Strict attention to detail, near-perfect grammar.
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to keep up with a rapidly changing internet landscape.
- Previous email marketing experience with MailChimp, Intercom, Constant Contact, or any other ESP.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, or other metrics-based dashboards.
- Enthusiastic about fitness, current events, healthy living, and body positivity.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
Please note: This is an hourly, part-time position starting at 20 hours a week, with room for growth. A cover letter is required, and please list your starting availability, as we are looking for an immediate hire. This is a highly collaborative job, and we require the majority of your hours to be completed in-office (not working remotely)