Junior Marketing Associate - Social
Cody is a fast-paced fitness startup looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) Social Media Associate to join our social media team. This role will focus primarily on creating, curating, and posting content across our primary social media channels (Facebook and Instagram). Cody is a new-media health and fitness brand that creates content and stories based on what really matters: It feels good to do good for yourself.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for fitness, health, and improving the wellbeing of our customers. Deep understanding that our customers have a direct impact on our marketing and our brand’s perceived expertise in the fitness industry. We’re a tight group of 15 team members with beautiful offices in the heart of Capitol Hill. If you believe you would thrive with us, let’s chat!
- Execute and optimize social media posting on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Curate and maintain monthly content calendars for Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Build rapport and strategically engage with social community through commenting, liking, and following to help guide social messaging.
- Confidently and creatively create thoughtful Instagram Stories that relate to our audience, brand, and product.
- Host interviews via Facebook Live, Instagram Live, and Instagram stories.
- Test, analyze, learn, report on, and optimize content for each social channel.
- Understand channel-specific content and channel optimization tactics.
- Track and analyze social account growth, engagement, video performance, and referrals.
- Report on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting metrics.
- Heavy usage of social media and good sense of trends and best practices on Facebook, Instagram & Stories.
- Enthusiastic about fitness, current events, healthy living, and body positivity.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, and Excel or Google Sheets.
- Strict attention to detail, near-perfect grammar.
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to keep up with a rapidly changing internet landscape.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Major or minors in communications, marketing, journalism, business, or related fields.
- Coursework with at least one college-level statistics, research methods, or related course.
- Previous social media marketing experience using Facebook, Instagram + Stories, and YouTube.
- Familiarity with marketing concepts such as customer loyalty, lifetime value, acquisition funnels, customer service.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, or other metrics-based dashboards.
Please note: This is an hourly, part-time position starting at 20 hours a week, with room for growth. A cover letter is required, and please list your starting availability, as we are looking for an immediate hire. This is a highly collaborative job, and we require the majority of your hours to be completed in-office (not working remotely).