Operations Associate (People & Culture)
San Francisco, CA /
Coffee Meets Bagel's mission is to give everyone a chance at love--a small sentence that delivers quite a challenge! To do this, our app curates quality matches with fuller profiles that result in real conversations, with real people making real connections. Globally, CMB has generated millions of dates and countless relationships. We were named one of the Top 10 Dating apps by Time Magazine and the Best Dating App for Women by Refinery29. CMB consistently ranks highest among our peers on Glassdoor (4.6 overall company rating with over 90% CEO approval score).
Come see for yourself--our BizOps team is growing!
Operations and Workforce Management: two critical areas of work within any organization that are key to long-term growth. Juggling these two functions is truly an art form: with one hand, ensuring your bills are paid on time, your lights kept on, and your policies enforced. While with the other, keeping your team energized, values upheld, and people connected. It is a synergy that, when combined, can lead to a powerful force multiplier allowing any company to scale.
The Operations Associate at CMB will be deeply involved in both of these tasks. Operationally, you will touch projects related to finance, HR, legal, workplace / office management, and company policy. Culturally, you will be involved with, and frequently drive, company events, anniversaries, birthdays, and other ad-hoc cultural and people events.
This is a junior, or entry-level, position. It's an excellent opportunity for someone to come in and get their hands dirty with buisness operations and workplace management. We're looking for someone who is curious and excited to learn, with a big personality and loves to "grab the mic" to be the energizing voice behind the company!
Join us and become the Culture Carrier we need to amplify our values and drive key metrics to success!
Culture Carrier Responsibilities Include:
- Procuring, managing, and maintaining a potential future office space (beginning 2022)
- Assist our Head of Talent by sourcing amazing candidates for our open reqs
- Drive culture marketing initiatives by maintaining and beefing up all outward facing recruiting platforms such as Glassdoor and LinkedIn (among others)
- Owning the celebrations of employee birthdays and anniversaries
- Execute on 1 large, company-wide retreat in winter 2021; barring the state of the pandemic is 2022 this may increase to 2 events
- Quarterly celebrations
- Pulse checking on the culture and energy: what’s working, what’s not working, and knowing when to implement change
- Onboarding and offboarding new employees
- + other ad-hoc events, projects, and support as they arise
Operations Responsibiliites Include:
- Equipment management for new and existing employees
- Following up, and delivering, on workplace support questions and requests
- Vendor management
- Software management and administration
- Assisting with month-end financial closing
- Helping to draft, and enforce, company policy
- Assisting with local, state, and federal compliance paperwork (reports, audits, taxes, returns, etc.)
- Spend and credit card management and spend-policy enforcement
- Supporting the Ops Manager in Employee benefits administration, payroll, and compensation tasks
- + other ad-hoc projects as they arise
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or equivalent experience)
- An extrovert; isn't shy being in front of a camera or speaking to large (50+) groups of people
- Creative thinker when it comes to socializing and event planning
- Ideal candidate has experience planning and driving events for 50+ people
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative, critical thinker
- Proficiency with MacOS & Google Docs (strong or adequate knowledge of Excel a huge plus!)
- Productivity tools (Google Apps, MSFT Office, Slack, Asana, DropBox)
- Project management and execution skills
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Employee benefits administration a plus (but not required)
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Process-driven and efficiently complete tasks
- Steadily improves the quality of work
- Looks for opportunities to learn more about the function and how they can serve employees better
- A growth mindset, coachable, and a focus on self improvement
- Empathy for employees and ability to listen
- Accountable for work, own up to mistakes and learn from them, not repeating the same mistakes twice
- Proven success working independently while prioritizing and meeting deadlines with minimal oversight
- Outstanding time management skills, and the ability to multi-task with little direction
Come help make CMB the best place to work!