QA Engineer (Android/iOS)
Toronto, Ontario /
Coffee Meets Bagel Coffee Meets Bagel is a women-founded, women-led organization created to give everyone a chance at love. The sense of belonging and connectedness we get from relationships not only helps us survive, but thrive, and we’re working to make it a little easier for people to find that. We’re inspired by the stories we hear from employees, friends, and family who have used CMB to transform their lives, and you too can make a difference by joining us!
As one of the largest venture-backed dating application in the world, with significant growth in both North America and Asia, we’re growing fast and need talented engineers to help us grow even more. Our goal is to create the next-generation dating platform that can handle the massive scale and flexibility needed to build an app that feels local to everyone, whether you live in Seattle, Singapore, or Saskatoon.
We believe in empowering our team to think and build big, and you’ll have the ability to help us rebuild core parts of our system from the ground up. We value the importance of work-life balance, so we offer a flexible work environment where you have the freedom to work from anywhere and coordinate your own hours. Overall, we’re a collaborative bunch who care for our daters and our team members, believe in our mission to solve hard problems, and want you to join us on this journey.
We're looking for a detail oriented test engineer passionate about a positive experience for our customers. This test engineer will be responsible for ensuring new features on the android/ios apps behave as expected as well as automating the testing of said features. Test Engineers at CMB are the “last line of defense” to make sure our users have a good experience. In addition to automation work, they also write test plans, collaborate on implementation strategy of product changes and develop internal tooling to assist developers and other test engineers with testing.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and developers to provide testing support for new features
- Cutting, performing Build Verification Testing (BVT) and publishing our client releases
- Track release metrics and crashes
- Determine with other client test engineers what manual BVT test cases are best automated
- Write internal tooling to ease the pains of critical testing scenarios
- Work with Customer Experience on triaging, reproduction, and bug workarounds
- 3+ years Quality Assurance experience/Test Engineering or related experience
- Knowledge of writing test plans/cases
- Experience with interactions between mobile clients and a backend api
- Detail oriented self starter that is invested in customer experiences
- Familiarity with Automation tooling for Android/iOS (Espresso, XCTest, etc.) a bonus
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with equity
- 100% coverage on health, dental, and vision
- Flexible work environment (location & hours)
- Retirement savings matching
- Flexible PTO and sick leave
- Yearly education & wellness stipend
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Generous parental leave (10 weeks for birth parent and 8 weeks for nonbirth parent)
- Paid monthly mental health day
- Company organized social events, off-sites & retreats