Data Warehouse Engineer
Coffee Meets Bagel’s vision is to inspire singles to share and connect authentically. We make lasting impressions on people’s lives by helping them form meaningful connections with other amazing singles. Creative and inspiring marketing is a critical component to realizing this vision, and we are looking to you to lead the way.
- Assist Redshift users with writing correct and performant analytics queries.
- This is some combination of reviewing queries people write and providing feedback, and writing queries from scratch to some specification.
- Determine the best way to calculate various business metrics with the available data.
- Build and maintain reliable ETL processes that load data to Redshift from production data sources.
- Find and eliminate data hygiene issues (e.g. missing/corrupt data)
- 2+ years programming experience.
- 2+ years experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience building data warehouses or with ‘big data’ technologies.
- Experience working with distributed databases
- Knowledge of SQL query optimization (e.g. can interpret query plans), or interest in learning.
- Solid knowledge of internals for at least 1 database system (e.g. familiar with how data is indexed and organized on disk).
- Extremely meticulous.
- A really important part of the role is the ability to evaluate how accurate/clean data is, and think about all the ways a given query might return inaccurate or misleading results.
Coffee Meets Bagel is helping people around the world fall in love and we LOVE what we do! Come to work every day in our slick new office right in downtown off the Powell Street BART station. We have all the usual startup perks including fully stocked snack bar, catered lunches, flexible work hours, unlimited vacation policy, happy hours, and more!