Head of Infrastructure
*This job is open to Canada and the US only.
Your mission is to help people fall in love!
Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB) is a dating app that’s getting to the heart of meaningful connections. And like in any good relationship, we want to cultivate empathy, teamwork, and a celebration of different perspectives. We’re not only seeking candidates who are just as excited about dating and relationships as we are, but who also have diverse backgrounds and skill sets. Sound like you? Keep reading!
Passion is key, but it’s equally important that you’re excited to work with our product and mobile teams to make positive and impactful changes for our daters. If solving challenging problems for millions of daters across the world makes your heart flutter, we want you! As the Head of Infrastructure, you’ll work on high-visibility features with supportive, cross-functional team members in a highly collaborative environment. You’ll contribute to an app that reaches millions of daters daily. You’ll help your team thrive and grow. It’s all part of working toward our company mission: to give everyone a chance at love.
Our job can be deeply challenging, but it’s also immensely rewarding and tons of fun!
About Coffee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel's mission is to give everyone a chance at love. Instead of asking you to swipe through infinite profiles, our smart algorithm curates only your best matches and sends them to you once daily. Our "slow dating" approach emphasizes savoring each real connection—and even finding delight in the journey. Globally, CMB has sparked thousands of lasting relationships. We were named one of the "Top 10 Dating Apps" by Time Magazine, and "Best App If You're Trying to Marie Kondo Your Dating Life" by Women's Health.
About the Role
As the Head of Infrastructure, you will be working closely with the rest of our Engineering Leadership team to help drive Coffee Meets Bagel’s rapid growth. You will be responsible for the health and wellbeing of our production systems and help it grow over time, as well as working closely with the team and stakeholders to develop our platform and product roadmap. You will report to the CTO and be part of CMB’s engineering leadership team to help our organization thrive. Key to this role is being a good empathetic leader that can collaborate throughout the organization.
- Directly manage 3-5 infrastructure and QA engineers providing them the tools, feedback, and opportunities to help them succeed and grow.
- Lead and nurture your team and be good partners with other teams and departments within CMB.
- Work with other technical leaders to enhance and grow our collaborative and passionate Engineering culture and organization.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers and other stakeholders to help shape and execute our technical roadmap
- This position requires a balance of technical and people management with a strong understanding of our product’s technical stack.
- Work with multiple vendors, including AWS, to ensure high availability and uptime across our services.
- Collaborate with the financial team to ensure vendor costs are kept under control.
- You have 5+ years of engineering experience with 2 years or more of management experience
- You have a passion for helping people succeed and flourish by giving good constructive feedback and opportunities to grow.
- You have solid foundational technical skills and track record in networking and AWS services.
- You have a strong record working with external vendors and maintaining relationships with third parties.
- You have a strong skill for balancing quality with timely delivery on product goals.
- You can communicate complex technical concepts with ease both verbally and in writing.
- You always take ownership of your team and projects at hand, keep track of status, mitigate problems as they arise, and hold yourself accountable to the work that gets done.
- You enjoy working with stakeholders to deliver new tools and services to support our customers.
- You have a strong interest in building and maintaining a strong culture in your team and across the organization.
- You've been in a growth stage company that dealt with scaling challenges on different fronts.
- You understand what it means to engineer for reliability.
- You think about systems not just about the way they work but the way they can fail.