VP of Marketing, Asia
Coffee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel's mission is to give everyone a chance at love. The app curates quality matches with fuller profiles that result in real conversations. Over 90% of the CMB Community is looking for a committed relationship—and 96% say they intend to go on real dates with matches. Globally, CMB has generated millions of real dates and thousands of lasting relationships. Coffee Meets Bagel was named one of the Top 10 Dating apps by Time Magazine and the Best Dating App for Women by Refinery29. It has also been voted the #1 recommended dating app for singles looking for relationships.
Coffee Meets Bagel is rapidly expanding globally and is looking for a veteran B2C marketer who can oversee integrated marketing efforts in Asia, beginning with Southeast Asia (HK, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia). Ideal candidate has extensive experience scaling B2C brands in Asia, particularly mobile first brands, to millions of MAU and is passionate about making real relationships possible for millions of people around the world. They will report directly to the CEO.
- Hit the ground running to map and understand the consumer and competitive landscape in each priority market, as well as quickly identify the Coffee Meets Bagel’s brand SWOT
- Develop appropriate marketing strategy and identify specific budgets for each market to achieve business objectives (MAU & Revenue).
- Strike the right mix of top, middle, and bottom funnel marketing to ensure great storytelling and increased awareness as well as direct user conversion
- Oversee all marketing activities across earned, owned, and paid media channels - which includes but are not limited to email, social media, app-storefront optimizations, PR, partnerships, influencers, digital and traditional media along with performance marketing.
- Partner with product organization for great go to market strategy & execution
- Be a steward of the brand and ensure the unique CMB story is properly and elegantly communicated in all marketing campaigns and creatives
- Build and manage a high functioning marketing team: recruit, onboard, and manage A+ marketing team members, as well as recruit and manage A+ agencies to aid in strategy & execution in all markets
- Develop a deep understanding of CMB daters and what resonates with him / her / them as well as keep tab at relevant consumer trends and continue to evolve the CMB brand
- Embrace the entrepreneurial culture internally with team members and externally with vendors partners; be your own entrepreneur, take risks, be willing to fail and learn
- Provide leadership and mentorship to direct reports, and ensure effective engagement to reinforce a culture of collaboration, trust, and honest communication
- Create an environment that provides direction and promotes continuous learning and development, with the ability to nurture and retain valued team members
- Experience scaling a consumer brand to millions of customers, preferably global consumer mobile brands, in Southeast Asia.
- Track record of having strategized, planned, and overseen execution of full funnel marketing, across all earned, owned, media channels (brand awareness campaign to performance marketing)
- Willingness and flexibility to work with teams in the US while located in Asia
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, “get it done” environment
- Highly organized and willing to learn, be curious, and open to new challenges
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels – a hands-on, team player
- Outstanding attention to detail from start to finish
- Good judgment, versatility, flexibility, and a strong work ethic
- Bonus: A country GM experience for a consumer mobile brand
What to expect
- Start-up vibe
- Constant evolution
- Good, passionate people
- Risk. Pivot. Innovate. Grow.
- Challenge and reward