Senior Product Data Scientist
Toronto, Ontario /
*This position is open to the US and Canada. Any applications outside of those locations will not be considered.
Coffee Meets Bagel Coffee Meets Bagel's mission is to give everyone a chance at love. The app curates quality matches with fuller profiles that result in real conversations. Globally, CMB has generated millions of real dates and thousands of lasting relationships. Coffee Meets Bagel was named one of the Top 10 Dating apps by Time Magazine and the Best Dating App for Women by Refinery29. It has also been voted the #1 recommended dating app for singles looking for relationships.
Job description Each day, our users visit our app with the hope of connecting with someone. These interactions generate millions of data points that can be used to help us better understand our customers’ experiences. We need you to ask and answer the questions that will transform this data into a better understanding of what our customers find delightful, and what they find painful, so that you can help drive changes that further our vision of helping singles form meaningful connections with other amazing singles! The Senior Product Data Scientist will be responsible for partnering with our product and growth teams to provide the facts needed to make better decisions and to help push our products and services to better serve our customers. You will be responsible for building a strong understanding of our ecosystem, working with the product team to determine which projects are the most important, and being willing to use the right tool (a scripted model, a dashboard, a presentation) to find and explain relevant information and insight that will help the company operate better.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, finance, and engineering teams to provide data-driven insights that will help define the product & marketing roadmap and drive significant increase in core business KPIs (growth, revenue, engagement).
- Create internal dashboards to monitor the health of the product and business KPIs (growth, revenue, engagement).
- Deliver ad-hoc analyses and reports to support business needs, investigate, triage and resolve metrics-based issues without heavy guidance.
- Assist in feature development from ideation to execution, including helping with user research, determining the best way to test new product features, and running deep analysis of feature performance post launch.
- Create and share compelling presentations that motivates and inspires the team to build with conviction.
- When necessary, build models in R, Python, or other systems that help us better measure and understand the results of experiments or user flows.
- Bachelors in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics, quantitative social science) and 4+ years post-collegiate work experience as an analyst or data scientist; or a Masters/PhD in a quantitative field with 2+ years work experience as an analyst or data scientist.
- Experience applying statistics to rigorously analyze data and derive insights to solve ambiguous problems.
- 1+ years designing and evaluating experiments or quasi-experiments
- High proficiency in SQL & business intelligence tools (e.g., Mode, Tableau, etc).
- Basic Proficiency in a scripting language like Python, R, or Julia
- Capable of condensing data and telling a persuasive story to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, drive change through influence, and collaborate effectively with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders. Excited and hungry to try new tools and processes to achieve results.
- A serious passion for using data to build delightful products for our customers.
- Competency with developer tools like Git and Bash is a plus
*Please make sure to mark CMB as "safe" as our emails tend to go to Spam.