SF, Seattle, or Remote
Coffee Meets Bagel's mission is to inspire singles to share and connect authentically. The app curates quality matches with fuller profiles that result in real conversations. Globally, CMB has generated millions of real dates and thousands of lasting relationships. Coffee Meets Bagel was named one of the Top 10 Dating apps by Time Magazine and the Best Dating App for Women by Refinery29. It has also been voted the #1 recommended dating app for singles looking for relationships.
CMB is currently seeking to hire our very first in-house copywriter. This is a very flexible position that can be done part -time/contract or full- time, on-site or remotely. If you are a great candidate and want to work part time/contract, we are willing to reduce the scope of work to make that possible.
As the first copywriter to join CMB, you’ll drive the creative strategy and messaging for all of CMB’s product and marketing communications.
Our job is to enable our members to not just meet people, but to meet the right person for their life-stage and journey and fulfill on their larger desire to grow and take the next steps in life. The role will play a key role in making our brand story come alive via precise, sticky, and unique voice in all of our product and marketing efforts.
You’ll collaborate with marketing managers, product managers, designers, social media managers, PR strategist, and the founders, in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing environment— to re-ignite enthusiasm towards dating for people around the world.
- Write, edit, and proofread high-quality, on-brand copy for all channels: product, email, landing pages, in-app, push notifications, SMS messages, social media posts, collaterals for events.
- Write and edit blog content based on briefs and/or interviews.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to develop strategic solutions against marketing briefs. Question marketing briefs to push things forward.
- Leverage research and insights to develop communications that meet our customers’ desires and needs.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (product, marketing, customer experience) to execute projects.
- A/B test copy across different channels.
- Work through multiple review rounds efficiently, managing stakeholders, and working with designers to finish projects on time.
- Manage your projects from start to finish; checking in with your creative lead to ensure copy meets expectations.
- Be able to contribute creative ideas, take creative direction, and be flexible.
- Present your work to creative leads and project stakeholders.
- Pitch new ideas for marketing campaigns.
- 2+ years of experience as a copywriter for an advertising agency or in-house for a consumer brands that heavily uses digital channels.
- An ability to adapt to a new tone of voice, helping to define and push it forward.
- An ability to make complex product concept and marketing programs sound simple.
- Organized, solid copy editor, excellent proofreader. Meticulous about spelling and punctuation, extreme attention to detail.
- A good understanding of how design and copy work together.
- Organization skills; you can effectively manage your time and prioritize your workload.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment, collaborating with a broad in-house team.
- Experience conceiving campaign ideas, collaborating with design and brand teams.
- A track record managing your own workload efficiently.
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Slides.