Senior Product Manager
Coffee Meets Bagel's mission is to create real connections that inspire personal growth. It is the dating app that treats people like people. Instead of asking you to swipe through infinite profiles, our smart algorithm curates only your best matches and sends them to you once daily. Our "slow dating" approach emphasizes savoring each real connection—and even finding delight in the journey. Globally, CMB has sparked thousands of lasting relationships. We were named one of the "Top 10 Dating Apps" by Time Magazine, and "Best App If You're Trying to Marie Kondo Your Dating Life" by Women's Health.
Coffee Meets Bagel is looking for a passionate, talented Senior Product Manager to help us build the future of dating. You will lead a cross-functional team to drive initiatives that deliver on our business goals while staying true to our brand mission. You will be responsible for executing on all stages of the product development process for both iOS and Android platforms: including exploration, user and market research, data collection, roadmap and planning, goal setting, spec creation, design collaboration, project management/execution, and feature analysis. Product managers at CMB work in a fast-paced start-up environment and are true owners of their domains. We utilize the Shape Up development process which helps us iterate in a focused, efficient manner.
- Bring intuitive, well- crafted new features to market, leading features from ideation through execution.
- You will drive fast-paced product iteration cycles - learning, pre-testing, ideating, building, measuring.
- You will collaboratively dig in to help figure out how to get things done with your Design and Engineering counterparts with the Shape-Up process.
- Maintain alignment of goals and strategies within your product area, and with other product leaders, exec leadership, and the entire company.
- Work closely with Product Design on customer research to maximize customer empathy.
- Work jointly to ideate and validate those ideas as early as possibly in the process.
- Follow up with a well-honed product development process, including creating a system that enables effective testing of ideas, strong intra team communications, and culture of learning and development.
- Develop requirements using different tools as needed - problem & use case narratives, breadboards & fat-marker designs or rough technical designs/wireframes/illustrations as appropriate.
- Own results for your features and KPIs.
- Maintain accountability - lead investigations when core metrics are soft, followed by a clear plan of attack to address the issues.
- Work with Analytics to create an automated dashboards and data visualizations to track customer engagement KPIs
- Work with Marketing & Customer Success team to develop & execute product marketing strategy for maximum feature adoptionConduct market research, competitive analysis, user research, and creative team brainstorming sessions, to understand the “whys” of consumer behavior and generate product decisions and execute strong creative & messaging that propels consumers to actions
- 3+ years of PM experience with a track record of results and increased scope of responsibilities, in a start-up or small team environment.
- iOS and Android consumer app experience.
- Experience with ecosystem requirements for both platforms, and full-stack development methodologies.
- Experience with an iterative development methodology like Shape Up or Agile.
- Proven track record of thinking outside the box and ideating and executing creative solutions to consumer problems
- Experience setting up KPI dashboards for company wide communication
- Experience building well-crafted product strategies and plans, informed by work you’ve done yourself or worked closely on: competitive analysis, user research/customer interviews, experimentation plans, results projections and ROI analysis.
- Versatile; ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sufficient technical skills to understand technologies, read and understand technical requirement documentation, API documentation, etc.
- Lifelong learning orientation. You have demonstrated learning many new things each year due to product needs or personal development interests.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Product Design, or Business or equivalent work experience.