Quality Assurance Engineer
Boston, Massachusetts /
Engineering – Platform QA /
Cogito Corp is looking for an Agile manual test engineer that can contribute to the entire software development lifecycle by designing, developing, and executing test cases. In this role, you will gain significant product knowledge, which will enable you to design effective test cases and find defects in a timely manner.
We are looking for an Agile manual test engineer that can contribute to the entire software development lifecycle by designing, developing, and executing test cases. In this role, you will gain significant product knowledge, which will enable you to design effective test cases and find defects in a timely manner.
- Review and analyze product requirements, specifications and technical design documents to effectively evaluate product
- Collaborate with SCRUM team to estimate and develop effective test strategies
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Devise Cucumber (BDD) feature files test scripts when appropriate
- Execute manual and automated test suites and analyze results
- Troubleshoot issues uncovered during testing
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Provide detailed test reports in a timely fashion
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Work with offshore QA test automation team
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance and testing best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development and languages (Cucumber a plus)
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Strong Agile development methodology and experience
- Hands on experience with JIRA or other Agile management tools
- Working knowledge of test management software (Zephyr), SQL and scripting.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Proficiency with Google Docs office suite
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Natural curiosity, creativity, and attention to detail
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Can work anywhere in the US, must be authorized to work in the US
- Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your family’s health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
- 401(k) retirement plan options
- Ongoing professional development and cross-training
- 20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriot’s Day is a holiday)
- 2 "Be Gentle" personal days
- Company paid parental leave upon hire
- Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
- Stock options via equity grants
- Eligibility for annual bonus for all non commissioned employees
- Casual and inclusive office atmosphere
- Office Optional policy where Cogician’s choose where they work either primarily remote, primarily in office or hybrid
- Ability to support Cogician’s anywhere in the US through our Office Optional policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.