DevOps Engineer, Data Team
Engineering – Data Engineering
Cogito is searching for a DevOps Engineer to join our organization.
You possess a strong desire to jump into action when needed, and love being the expert in the room. You learn fast and love new challenges, especially on tasks you may have never done before. You have a strong dislike for manual repetitive tasks, so you take pride in automating as much of your work as possible so that next time it can be a push of a button. You are great at documenting what you do, so that other team members can take work off your hands any time.
- Develop and manage the automated build system, automated deployment system, continuous integration environment
- Automate monitoring tools to monitor system health and reliability to support high uptime requirements
- Troubleshoot software and infrastructure issues as needed
- Efficiently manage AWS resources to control costs
- Communication complex technical solutions to a broad range of stakeholders within the business
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Bachelor’s degree in a CS/IS/IT/System Administration related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a DevOps or equivalent role
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and technologies
- Demonstrate a history of working in environments with any of the following compliance standards: PCI, HIPAA etc
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as bash and Python. Ruby and Java are a plus
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with automating deployment using DevOps tools like Ansible, Cloudformation, Terraform, Jenkins etc
- Working knowledge of container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experienced in AWS Services such as CloudWatch, Route 53, Cloudformation, Elastic Search, AWS Directory Services, ECR/ECS, AWS SAM
- Experience with a CI/Job management tool such as Jenkins.
- Strong skills in troubleshooting and debugging application related network issues
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your family’s health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
• Frequent catered lunch and live product demos
• 401(k) retirement plan options
• Ongoing professional development and cross-training
• 20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriot’s Day is a holiday)
• 2 "Be Gentle" personal days
• Company paid parental leave upon hire
• Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
• Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• Stocked groceries in the kitchen
• Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.