Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Cognito is a leader in identity verification and sanction screening services. Our services are used throughout the world to ensure compliance and mitigate fraud. We are a profitable medium-sized company that went through Y Combinator in 2014. We have a fully distributed team with members in Oregon, California, Texas, and Georgia.
If you have succeeded at building client relationships and bringing in new business, you're a good candidate for this Sales Development position. You will join a fast growing company, poised to breakout, that's looking to make hires that will significantly increase its trajectory.
● Outbound effort (70% of the time) - Identify, research, and contact new companies that result in new sales opportunities for Cognito's Account Executives.
● Inbound effort (30% of the time) - efficiently field and qualify interest from various inbound channels including, but not limited to phone, chat, email, LinkedIn, and request for contact forms.
● Conduct discovery calls with prospective accounts to determine fit and schedule follow up demos for Account Executives
● Work with the Head of Sales, Head of Account Management, and Head of Marketing to identify ongoing strategic targets
● Learn how the identity verification space fits into different industries regulatory requirements
● Diligently update and maintain the CRM (Salesforce) with accurate call notes and details on leads
● Leverage tools including MixMax, Crunchbase, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Hunter.io, etc. to identify prospective customers
● This is a company and role with many greenfield opportunities. You will have the freedom and should have the desire to take on projects outside of your primary responsibilities.
● Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
● Detail-oriented and superb time management - you will live out of your email, calendar, and Salesforce
● Professional experience working in in Sales, Business Development, Client Success, Financial Services, or Consulting
● The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on identity verification and the curiosity to tackle each interaction with a lead as a puzzle to learn their problem and help them fix it
● Coachability - you should seek our feedback and be willing to provide it
● A strong mix of humility and drive
Nice to have
● Proficiency using Salesforce
● SaaS experience is a plus
● Writing samples - professional and personal for review
● Free lunch
● Open vacation policy. We don’t count days
● Free gym membership
● Flexible work hours in a fully-distributed team
● 401k with matching
● Competitive compensation
● Health, dental, and vision benefits
● Relocation support
● Paid maternity and paternity leave