Enterprise Solution Architect, Generative AI
San Francisco /
Go-to-Market – Sales /
Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learns to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We've raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?
As a Solutions Architect at Cohere, you will play a significant role in growing the business and have a great deal of autonomy when it comes to technical pre- and post-sales. Your responsibilities will include developing a deep understanding of customer problems, mapping them to Cohere solutions, and working closely with our partners as the trusted technical advisor who owns the technical relationship with our stakeholders. By leveraging your expertise, you will help to increase the adoption of Cohere products, both internally and externally, and will gather valuable insights and feedback from customers to help shape the future of our products.
In this dynamic role, you will need to be both a strategic thinker and a hands-on doer. You will take a hands-on approach to building customer Proof of Concepts that showcase the business value of our platform. As the technical relationship owner, you will collaborate with stakeholders to understand their business objectives and translate those into technical solutions. You will take ownership of the customer narrative, serving as the voice of the customer and acting as a liaison between the customer and our product team. Additionally, you will provide guidance on best practices for using Cohere, identify areas for improvement within the platform, and cultivate technical champions within customer organizations to drive adoption and gather feedback to enhance our products.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto and London but embrace being remote-first! We are looking for candidates based in Canada or United States for this role, with a preference for candidates based in San Fran/Bay Area.
A typical day at Cohere might include:
- Leading the technical talk track on customer calls
- Deep dives on customer problems and Cohere technology
- Designing novel enterprise solutions with bleeding-edge NLP technology
- Facilitating customer evaluations and PoC
- Developing and documenting processes to enable the solutions architect team to scale effectively within Cohere
- Collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure our offering match the customers’ desires
- Working closely with our partners to develop a strategy for enabling and accelerating their customers
This might be for you if you have some of the following:
- 5+ years of customer-facing technical pre/post sales Solutions Architect experience
- 5+ years working with Sales to drive GTM motions
- 2+ years architecting or deploying cloud-native solutions
- A passion for Generative AI, and an understanding of strengths and weaknesses of Generative LLM's
- Fundamental knowledge of ML, and basic knowledge of AI, NLP, and Large Language Models (LLM)
- Comfortable working with Python and Jupyter Notebooks
- Comfortable using version control/Git
- Excellent communication skills - you can toggle seamlessly between presenting to CEOs, and getting in the weeds or white boarding with technical audiences
- High tolerance for ambiguity.
- You can identify and implement high-impact processes in unstructured environments.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation