Recruit world-class talent. Scale an exciting and high potential Canadian startup.
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all. Doing so would not only fundamentally change the way that organizations interact with natural language data, but also enable people to interact with technology the way we interact with each other.
Language is essential to humanity, but it can be difficult for computers to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. This language barrier limits our ability to interact naturally with technology the way we interact with each other. The Cohere platform will provide access to models that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use.
We recently raised our Series A and are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 23k citations) and previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
As a member of our Talent Acquisition team, you will:
- Join the People team at Cohere and play a vital role in scaling our organization
- Run an end-to-end recruitment process for all go-to-market and non-technical roles - from entry level to senior hires
- Help us deliver a world-class candidate experience
- Act as a partner to our business units in creating strategies to help us attract and land the best talent for our team
- Lead the recruitment process, including sourcing, screening, and managing the involvement of others for all non-technical roles
- Ensure that the recruitment process is equitable and supports Cohere’s priority of building a diverse and inclusive team
- Be a vital partner for senior leadership and have influence on the growth of the organization
- Update our applicant tracking system (Lever) with accurate candidate notes and pipeline information
You may be a good fit, if you have:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a recruiting function preferably within a fast growing startup or tech company
- Excitement to take ownership of the entire recruitment cycle yourself
- A data-drive approach and get excited by meeting and exceeding goals
- The emotional intelligence to close candidates with the right balance of consideration, transparency, and drive
- An interest in establishing equitable recruiting processes and a desire to go the extra mile to recruit non-traditional candidates
- A natural curiosity for the AI industry, specifically around cutting edge research within the NLP space
- Full health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Fitness + well being initiative
- 6 weeks vacation
- Visa support, if required
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Remote flexible
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.