We’re a small, diverse team with loads of experience in research and engineering. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all. Doing so would not only fundamentally change the way that organizations interact with natural language data, but also enable people to interact with technology the way we interact with each other. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
About the role
As the first solutions architect at Cohere, you’ll play a huge role in growing the business and will have an immense sense of autonomy when it comes to technical pre and post sales.
You will develop a deep understanding of how to connect customer business priorities with Cohere’s API to own the pre-sales relationship, propose technical solutions, showcase the product, and come up with creative solutions. You’re comfortable demonstrating the product to a CEO or sketching out an API flow with customers' engineers.
You will work closely with the sales and business development teams to lay the foundation for Cohere’s growth. It’s a highly self-directed role, so you should be someone who thrives in an unstructured, quickly evolving environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with the sales team to develop compelling solutions for prospective customers
- Identify and build around system and business needs, owning end-to-end solution design for customers
- Build strong relationships with technical and business stakeholders at client organizations
- Be a technical resource for prospective customers on Cohere’s technology and capabilities
- Develop processes to enable the solutions architect team to scale effectively with the company
- Be comfortable with building in the wild and sharing awesome Cohere use cases with the world
This might be for you if you have some of the following:
- 3+ years technical pre/post solutions architect experience
- Excited by NLP and keen to go deep on our technology
- Strong communicator who can toggle seamlessly between presenting to CEOs and getting in the weeds whiteboarding with technical audiences
- Familiarity with Go, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Excited to add new technologies to your toolbox and use them where it makes sense
- High tolerance for ambiguity. As the first solutions architect, you’ll have to be as much of a doer as a strategist. You can identify and implement high impact processes in unstructured environments.
- Full health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Fitness + well being initiative
- 6 weeks vacation + US and Canadian holidays
- Remote flexible
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.