Design and implement novel research ideas.
Ship state of the art models to production.
Deep connections to academia.
Who are we?
We are a group of passionate researchers, engineers, and domain experts working on bringing large scale language models to the public. Our goal is to enable the deployment of state of the art transformer based neural networks safely and effectively. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all.
We do not delineate strongly between engineering and research. Everyone will contribute to writing production code and conducting research depending on individual interest and organizational need.
Working on Machine Learning you will
- Design, train and improve upon cutting-edge models
- Develop new techniques to train and serve models safer, better, and faster
- Train extremely large scale models on massive datasets
- Engage in research collaborations with our partner organizations and academic affiliations
- Publish your work in top-tier conferences and journals
- Work closely with product teams to develop solutions
- Assist our legal teams with preparation of patents on developed IP
- Join us at a pivotal moment, shape what we build and wear multiple hats!
You may be a good fit, if you have:
- Proficiency in Python and related ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, TF-Serving, JAX, and XLA/MLIR
- Experience using large-scale distributed training strategies
- Familiarity with autoregressive sequence models, such as Transformers
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated passion for applied NLP models and products
- Bonus: experience writing kernels for GPUs using CUDA
- Bonus: experience training on TPUs
- Bonus: paper at top-tier venues (such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AIStats, MLSys, JMLR, AAAI, Nature, COLING, ACL, EMNLP)
* this is neither an exhaustive nor necessary set of attributes. Even if none of these apply to you, but you believe you will contribute to Cohere, please reach out. We have a wide variety of backgrounds at Cohere.
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Health, dental, and med.
- Free lunch
- Fitness + wellbeing initiative
- 6 weeks vacation
- Visa support, if required