Data + Infrastructure /
Ship clean and fast code.
Go, Tensorflow and Kubernetes.
Become a pioneer in the field of large neural network serving.
Who are we?
We are a group of passionate researchers, engineers, and domain experts working on bringing large scale language models to the public. Our goal is to enable the deployment of state of the art transformer based neural networks safely and effectively. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all.
Why this role?
This role is ideal for you if you are excited about building the next generation of infrastructure to enable large scale machine learning. Here you will build infrastructure to support both the training and serving of extremely large scale models, as well as downstream applications that are able to leverage the capabilities of those models. In this role you will work on the cutting edge of research and engineering, design and develop state-of-the-art machine learning models and deploy them to production.
What will you do as a Backend Engineer at Cohere?
- Design and create scalable infrastructure to train and serve models
- Design and implement robust data pipelines (crawlers, storage, filters)
- Design and implement scalable services for machine learning applications
- Build internal tooling (CI/CD, dev utilities) to move faster together
- Keep up with the cutting edge and adopt new technologies to improve performance and reliability
This might be for you if...
- You are familiar with Go, Docker, and Kubernetes
- You are excited to add new technologies to your toolbox and use them where it makes sense
- Bonus: You have shipped Go/Tensorflow services to production
- Bonus: You have a strong opinion about the UNIX philosophy
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Full health, dental, and med.
- Free lunch
- Fitness + wellbeing initiative
- 6 weeks vacation
- Visa support, if required