Software Engineering Intern
Data + Infrastructure /
Why this role?
This role is for you if you are excited about building the next generation of machine learning models and products. Our roles cover creating datasets for machine learning, scaling the pods to serve our API, or even building out security features on our platform. We don't distinguish interns from full-time employees, we'll expect you to push code to production. You'll have full autonomy and ownership while having a good mentorship support framework.
We're hiring frontend, backend, and infrastructure roles - just let us know during the process if you have a preference! We are open to remote.
What might you do as a Software Engineering Intern at Cohere?
- Design and create scalable infrastructure to serve models
- Design and implement robust data pipelines (crawlers, storage, filters)
- Design and implement scalable services for machine learning development
- Build features for the API platform that directly impact users
- Build internal tooling (CI/CD, dev utilities) to move faster together
- Build tech writing skills through maintaining technical documentation, both internal and external
- Ship delightful experiences for our user-facing products, meticulously crafting code for browsers and occasionally server code
- Keep up with the cutting edge and adopt new technologies to improve performance and reliability
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Free lunch
- Fitness + wellbeing initiative