Product Management & Design /
Design uncharted user experiences that augment all the others. Empower technologists to reimagine the building blocks of human-computer interaction: language.
We’re a small, diverse team with loads of experience in research and engineering. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Doing so would not only fundamentally change the way that organizations interact with natural language data, but also enable people to interact with technology the way we interact with each other. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
- You're a strategist equipped with a versatile design process to get you from any problem to high-fidelity designs (Rapid prototyping, stakeholder interviews, a metrics dive—whatever will get you there!)
- You have a record of shipping products, as the primary designer.
- You're committed to building and facilitating relationships with non-designers to execute your vision of the best user experience.
- You possess a breadth of design skills which makes you comfortable in doing both product and branding work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You have a great instinct for visual design and therefore sweat the small details: from typography, to colour, and layout.
- You're a clear communicator and are not afraid to take sides, or challenge the ideas of your teammates (and vice versa).
As a Product Designer at Cohere you will
- Be the second contributor to Cohere's design team.
- Design a unique and uncharted user experience. Our mission is for technologists to safely (and enjoyably!) experiment with, and implement large language models into their products.
- Be an advocate for our end users not just through your visual deliverables but also through the processes in which you make product decisions.
- Produce high-quality work using Figma for product design, and whatever tools you wish to use for branding.
- Be an integral part of establishing and transitioning into a new design system of our API platform.
- Contribute to defining an internal design culture by leading decisions with user-centred design thinking, especially in cross-functional team collaborations.
Our hiring process
- First, our designer will review your resume and portfolio (2-3 strong examples of product design case studies are recommended, and graphic design work is a plus!)
- Afterwards, we will get in touch to schedule a portfolio review to get a more in-depth walkthrough of your work.
- Then we will move you to do a live design challenge with our designer, and possibly a PM or Product Engineer, to gauge how we work through a product problem together.
- Lastly, you will meet with some of our fellow co:lleagues for a cultural add interview.
- Full health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Fitness + well-being initiative
- 6 weeks vacation
- Visa support, if required
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- An open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Remote flexible