We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We recently raised our Series A (link) and are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
About the role
As one of the first marketing hires at Cohere, you’ll play a huge role in introducing the world to Cohere’s game changing platform. You will raise awareness of Cohere across different audiences including developers, the start-up community and enterprise customers. Not only that, you’ll inspire and educate the world about the many applications of the Cohere platform.
We’re looking for a strategic, approachable, and compelling communicator who is excited to develop the voice of the Cohere platform and showcase it to customers globally. You will own the marketing strategy and execution, and be responsible for driving awareness and usage of the Cohere platform. You have an understanding of the dynamics of SAAS sales, and you get fired up to design and execute promotional campaigns, create compelling content, and work with external agencies on creative and event-based projects.
This is a highly self-directed role, so you should be someone who thrives in an unstructured and quickly evolving environment. And your opportunity for impact will be astronomical — Cohere has skies-the-limit potential and you’ll help us reach it.
- Define the marketing strategy for Cohere across different audiences and channels
- Create, lead, and project-manage the execution of high impact campaigns to drive awareness of and engagement with the Cohere platform
- Support and amplify the drumbeat of PR & communications on Cohere social media channels to build communities
- Build a library of thought leadership pieces showcasing Cohere and our customers (e.g., white papers, customer reference cases)
- Design and host digital events to promote the Cohere platform
- Build and develop strategic partnerships with new types of partners
- Analyze customer feedback and campaign performance
You may be a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years marketing experience including experience in branding, messaging, marketing plan development, and product launches
- You are passionate about new storytelling forms and are highly creative
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You enjoy working independently, but also love to collaborate as part of a team
- You thrive in ambiguity, are results-oriented and enjoy working in a fast-changing environment
- You have excellent project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- You’re curious and keen to go deep on natural language processing and become an expert on our technology
- Full health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Fitness + well being initiative
- 6 weeks vacation + US and Canadian holidays
- Remote flexibleWork closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.