Product Managers have the unique opportunity and responsibility to both define product vision and drive results. On this team, you’ll get to work with one of the leading AI and NLP teams in the world and grow the product vision and company culture.
Who Are We?Cohere is a small, diverse team with loads of experience in research and engineering. Our mission is to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all. Doing so would not only fundamentally change the way that organizations interact with natural language data, but also enable people to interact with technology the way we interact with each other. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
As an AI Product Manager your responsibilities include:
- Customer Engagement and Research
- Work with developers and enterprise customers to understand their needs and pain points through feedback, focus groups, customer interviews, conferences, etc.
- Research the competitive landscape, industry trends, and stay up to date on the latest AI and deep learning papers from leading conferences (NeurIPS, ICLR, etc.) to find new ideas and inspire the team
- Analyze product data to understand usage and find opportunities for improvement
- Work with leadership to shape and understand company strategy and goals
- Design and Product Development
- Leverage insights from customer engagement to define and prioritize a product roadmap
- Spec and design improvements and features, including defining metrics for success
- Propose new initiatives and features
- Work with partners and leadership to prioritize short and long-term investments
- Make tradeoffs during unforeseen challenges uncovered in the development process
- Lead internal project planning, coordinating team resources and informing stakeholders
- Ensure projects are rolled out with clear metrics and hypotheses and define next steps for success
- Market and celebrate successes and document learnings, internally and externally
- Team and Company Impact
- Embrace adjacent roles and responsibilities per team and project needs -- it’s a startup after all!
- Promote a culture of learning and listening
You may be a good fit, if you have (Junior PM/Intern):
- Recently graduated/are graduating university or are in your first few years on another product team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field (math, EE, etc.), or relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated exposure to or passion for machine learning, algorithms, large scale systems, and statistics
- A scrappy, startup mentality to move fast, iterate quickly, learn on the go, and take initiative
- Great communication and interpersonal skills working across different teams, personalities, and working styles
- (Preferred) Previous experience releasing software
You may be a good fit, if you have (Senior PM):
- All of the Junior PM qualifications
- 2+ years as a technical program manager, product management, or engineer, preferably working in AI/ML or developer APIs
- Product leadership experience driving engineers and scientists
- Experience finding and developing product market fit
- (Preferred) An MBA, advanced technical degree (MS or PhD), or a background in machine learning, algorithms, large scale systems, and statistics
- (Preferred) Experience working with cloud and distributed systems
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Full health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Fitness + well being initiative
- 6 weeks vacation
- Visa support, if required
Even if you don't think you match this description, but you're interested in this role, please apply.