Tackle Cohere’s most pressing operational challenges. Enable rapid growth through designing and implementing crucial processes. Join a tight knit and fast moving team dedicated to making a difference.
Cohere is a small, diverse team with loads of experience in research and engineering. Our mission is to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all. Doing so would not only fundamentally change the way that organizations interact with natural language data, but also enable people to interact with technology the way we interact with each other. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
As an Operations Lead, you will:
- Be a jack of all trades to drive Cohere forward, as you’ll tackle Cohere’s most important operational challenges
- Simplify complex challenges, implement structure, and make the most of available resources in a rapid growth environment
- Own various operational processes, ensuring that Cohere runs smoothly and efficiently
- Own relationships with finance and legal on relevant matters, including customer and employee contracts and regulatory matters
- Be a conduit for different functions within Cohere, ensuring clear communication and that the relevant people are pulled into projects at the right time
- Juggle several ongoing initiatives and processes, and independently prioritize what's most important
- Get things done. No matter the problem, you’ll be resourceful to find the best outcome
You may be a good fit, if you have:
- A self-starter attitude — when you see a problem, you find a solution
- Comfort wearing multiple hats and navigating ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills to tackle a wide variety of challenges
- Excitement to play an instrumental role in growing a company
- 4+ years relevant work experience (strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity, operations roles at startups)
- Full health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Fitness + well being initiative
- 6 weeks vacation
- Visa support, if required
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.