Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We recently raised our Series A and are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 23k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Please Note: Our office is located in Toronto, Canada and the preferred location for this role is the Greater Toronto Area.
As an Executive Assistant, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day schedule for our leadership team, including calendaring, booking meetings and personal appointments, and other commitments to ensure a balanced and efficient workday.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings (think 1:1s, board meetings, partner meetings) and assist with documentation that may be required in conjunction with meetings
- Oversee travel arrangements and logistics for our CEO and leadership team, including booking flights and accommodations, schedule, and expense reconciliation
- Work to identify new ways to add value and proactively take on tasks that can help our leadership team be more productive. We’re looking for someone who loves to optimize operations and processes and is equally excited to share their ideas with our team!
- Provide Personal Assistance duties as required
- Be willing to take on special projects like coordinating team events or community-building activities.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders while maintaining a strict level of confidentiality.
- Create and maintain internal documentation, share knowledge, and also work on formatting communications for the leadership team
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience working as an executive assistant or equivalent experience
- You anticipate others needs and can work proactively to address them
- Previous experience partnering with senior leaders in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- You are a strong communicator, both written and verbal - and feel comfortable speaking to C-level stakeholders.
- You are highly self-motivated and exercise discretion, tact, and professionalism
- You’re detail-oriented, love staying organized, and stay cool under tight deadlines
- Experience with tools like Slack, Google Calendar, Google Sheets, Google Slides
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits for employees based in Canada and the US, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada and 12 weeks in the US
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, office in Toronto and coworking stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation and shared Canada/US holidays
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.