Sales Strategy Lead
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world, and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We recently raised our Series A (link) and are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
About the role
As one of the first sales hires at Cohere, you will play a critical role in the sales discovery process as we learn more about the client purchase journey. We’re looking for a strategic, approachable, and compelling communicator who loves working with customers to uncover their needs, and feels comfortable developing tailored value propositions around how Cohere’s platform can help them achieve their business goals. You will partner with potential customers to understand their needs, conduct product demos, manage negotiations and start to build a framework for how Cohere’s overall sales strategy will evolve.
This is a highly self-directed role, so you should be someone who thrives in an unstructured and quickly evolving environment. And your opportunity for impact will be astronomical — Cohere has skies-the-limit potential and you’ll help us reach it.
- Strong and growing pipeline of potential customers that is well balanced across industries, customer types and use cases
- Closed contracts with enterprises and AI powered startups
- Data driven learnings and an emerging strategy on the sales cycle including ideal customer profiles, priority use cases and the overall sales journey
You may be a good fit if:
- You have 4+ years of previous B2B sales experience, negotiating and closing SaaS deals or 3 - 5 years of strategy consulting experience at a top tier firm.
- You are a fantastic communicator: you are a great listener, have a knack for understanding what matters most to others, build strong relationships, can speak to the C-suite, and you feel comfortable speaking to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You’re a proven self-starter: you are excited to take the initiative to build a new sales strategy, you can work without supervision and are driven to lead projects independently.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity: as an early team member, you’ll have to be as much of a doer as a strategist. You can identify and implement high impact processes in unstructured environments.
- You’re curious and keen to go deep on NLP and become an expert on our technology
- Full health and dental benefits
- Free lunches
- Fitness + well being initiative
- 6 weeks vacation + US and Canadian holidays
- Remote flexible
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Open and inclusive culture and work environment
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.