Solutions Architect (NLP)
Go-to-Market – Business Development and Sales /
Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We recently raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 23k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?
As a Solutions Architect at Cohere, you’ll play a huge role in growing the business and will have an immense sense of autonomy when it comes to technical pre and post-sales. You will work closely with the sales and business development teams to lay the foundation for Cohere’s growth. Together, you will engage customers from different audience groups (e.g., developers, start-ups, enterprise customers) to understand their challenges. You are comfortable leading conversations from an early stage with the customer and are naturally curious about their business. You will play a hands-on role in designing and executing experiments that demonstrate the transformative impact of our models. You have the technical credibility to instill confidence in the Cohere platform and our solutions including how best to integrate our API into customers’ products.
It’s a highly self-directed role, so you should be someone who thrives in an unstructured, rapidly evolving environment.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto and London but embrace being remote-first! We are looking for candidates based in Canada or United States for this role.
A typical day at Cohere might include:
- Brainstorming with the Business Development team how our models can be applied in a new vertical
- Meeting with the CEO of a customer company to discuss how they can leverage large language models (LLMs) to drive business results
- Scoping an experiment for a customer to determine if our models can outperform their in-house technology
- Advising a customer’s product team about how to build products around our platform
- Providing input to Cohere’s product team on features to prioritize
- Developing and documenting processes to enable the solutions architect team to scale effectively within Cohere
This might be for you if you have some of the following:
- 4+ years technical pre/post Solutions Architect experience
- Excitement about NLP and a desire to become an expert on the applications of large language models (ML experience a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and you can toggle seamlessly between presenting to CEOs and getting in the weeds whiteboarding with technical audiences
- Comfort building software from scratch
- High tolerance for ambiguity. As a Solutions Architect, you’ll have to be as much of a doer as a strategist.
- You can identify and implement high impact processes in unstructured environments.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation and shared Canada/US/UK holidays