Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Full-Time – Engineering /
Onsite / Remote US
At Coil, our goal is to bring users to the Web Monetization ecosystem so creators can make money off of their content. Coil is looking for an experienced, self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Product Engineering Team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is as excited about Web Monetization as we are.
- Thrives working in a startup environment - things move fast and change quite a bit.
- Wants to be part of a small and creative team.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will
- Design, implement, and test software across the stack, both frontend and backend.
- Collaborate with the team to determine which features to build and how to architect them.
- Perform code reviews.
- Mentor and assist team members.
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of professional working experience.
- Track record of building and maintaining performant micro service oriented software products.
- Know the ins and outs of Node.js and are up for working in Typescript.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage tasks, project, and issues.
- Extensive experience with Typescript, React, & GraphQL.
- Experience scaling micro services architecture to handle large loads.
- Background in building payout infrastructure or content platforms.
Coil was founded in 2018 by Stefan Thomas, former CTO of Ripple, to build a better business model for the web. Coil’s platform is designed to make it easy for creators to monetize their content across the internet. As subscribing fans enjoy content, Coil uses an open API called Web Monetization to stream micropayments to creators in real time. The platform supports creators, including writers and journalists, video creators, podcasters, streamers, musicians, photographers, and artists. For more information about Coil, please visit coil.com and follow Coil on its creator page and on Twitter (@Coil).
All full-time positions include
- Platinum health coverage with no premiums for employees and 75% of premiums paid for dependents
- Dental and Vision insurance with no premiums for employees
- 401(k) with matching
- Stock option plan
- Gym / Fitness Studio benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Vacation
Welcoming, inclusive environment that is balanced for work, life, and family