Director of Social Media & Editorial Content
San Francisco, CA /
Full-Time – Marketing /
Onsite / Remote US
As a Director of Social Media & Editorial Content, you will be responsible for developing and executing an organic and paid social media and editorial content strategy for the Coil brand.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building brands and deepening relationships with customers and communities. Candidates should have a deep knowledge of what makes content successful across channels and be skilled in writing and storytelling through imagery and video. A comfort level with developing and executing strategies and a desire to test and learn from new ideas is also essential.
- A deep understanding of the social and content ecosystem, a passion for creators, and an insatiable curiosity about consumers and their content consumption and social media behavior.
- 3-5+ years experience in a social and content role working cross-functionally to accomplish business goals.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Experience partnering with marketing and design leads to tell brand, customer and influencer stories via social channels, video and blogs.
- Strong understanding of the world of social platforms and multi-channel strategies.
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally to help develop and streamline processes.
- Marketing, trend spotting and/or pop culture background is a plus.
- Strong collaborative, consultative, project management, and organizational skills.
- Develop and lead the social media and editorial content strategy and execution plan for the Coil brand, including support for the rapidly growing Web Monetization ecosystem.
- Actively manage, establish and grow Coil’s owned social and content channels, including the company blog, and video content channels.
- Drive content strategy optimization by tracking, measuring, and reporting on channel growth, creative performance and campaign effectiveness.
- Work with the design team to optimize and evolve all channels within brand guidelines.
- Inform strategy by keeping a pulse on external culture and behaviors, including monitoring content creation and engagement trends.
- Support integrated, multi-channel marketing and PR campaigns.
Coil has offices in San Francisco and Cape Town and remote employees and contractors in the US and abroad. This full-time role is located in our San Francisco headquarters, but can be done remotely from anywhere in North America provided that your availability includes Coil’s core business hours of 9 am to 3 pm PT.
Coil was founded in 2018 to build a better business model for the Web. Coil makes it easy for publishers and creators to monetize their content across the internet, and provides an alternative to advertising and site-by-site subscription models. As Coil Members enjoy content, Coil uses a proposed open web standard called Web Monetization to stream micropayments to creators in real time. Coil is designed to support a variety of publishers, creators and content platforms. In 2019, Coil, in collaboration with Mozilla and Creative Commons, launched the $100 million Grant for the Web to boost open, fair and inclusive standards and innovation in Web Monetization. Coil also invested $20 million in Imgur, the community-powered entertainment platform reaching 300 million people each month.