Product Engineering /
Coiled scales Python to the cloud for data professionals. Based on Dask, the leading Python-native solution for distributed computing, Coiled has hosted more than 100M tasks for data professionals, scientists, and researchers around the globe including Capital One, Anthem Health, and the Air Force to solve challenges in business, research, and science. Coiled is a remote-first company with the best and brightest working from around the globe. Founded by the initial author of Dask, Coiled is on a mission to create a platform that gives Data Scientists the power of the cloud and machine learning, freeing them from today's limitations so they can solve important problems.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer for our Cloud team. This role will help to design, build, and deploy web-facing applications that manage parallel Python (Dask) deployments in a cloud setting. You will work on the “full stack” of our applications: UI design, low-level networking, and everything in between.
This role will help shape our product roadmap with our founding team, and make decisions that change the direction of a young company.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience designing and building production web applications using Python-based frameworks, preferably Django 2.0 or greater.
- Experience deploying distributed applications on commercial cloud services.
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices – including unit tests, code review, version control, production monitoring, etc.
- Collaborative spirit and commitment to communicating well with colleagues in a remote environment as well as in-person.
- A preference for writing mature and maintainable software in Python.
- Tolerance for writing immature, hacky, one-off software in Python.
- We can teach you everything else (or learn about it together)!
- Nice to have: Exposure to the Python data-science stack – Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn – and / or enterprise analytics tools like Spark, Flink, etc.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
Maybe this sounds great, but you’re not sure that you have enough experience. We encourage you to apply anyway. We’re happy to consider junior and senior candidates!
More About Us
Coiled is a remote-first company. We support you living and working from where you feel fulfilled, providing that you can collaborate effectively with your team.
We create software that gives Data Scientists unlimited power in the cloud for machine learning, freeing them from today's limitations - so they can solve important problems.
Coiled is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities to apply. We are committed to being a consciously inclusive place to work, valuing all ideas and perspectives.