Market Research Intern
Malaysia / Singapore
Student Internship – Market Research /
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
What you'll be doing:
• Research: Keep up-to-date with the latest developments within the crypto industry across all sectors and verticals. Proactively monitor and report on significant developments in the space, including news events, regulatory changes, opportunities, and risks. Assist in identifying emerging trends and key insights which can support the company as well as our users in being successful in the industry.
• Data analysis: Assist in collating, synthesizing and analyzing data from a variety of sources to identify insights that go towards supporting research efforts.
• Translate knowledge to content: Make use of knowledge acquired through research to produce articles, reports, scripts, newsletters, infographics and any other forms of content that can contribute towards achieving company goals.
• Team player: Work closely with team members and cross-functionally to achieve research goals and targets.
• You are required to support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you:
• Passionate about crypto: You are passionate about crypto, decentralization and blockchains. You care about not just market movements, but also why they move and what affects their movements. You are interested in tokenomics, project mechanics, understanding both opportunities and risks involved in various crypto projects.
• Crypto knowledge: You have strong foundational knowledge of crypto across multiple verticals. You have traded crypto on CEXs, and have directly interacted with on-chain projects, e.g. used DeFi protocols, or participated in NFT mints.
• Education: Any education background is acceptable. However a good grasp of economics and finance is required.
• Analytical & data-driven: You are curious about data and able to tell stories using data.
• Problem solving and structured thinking: When given a problem to solve, you are able to analyze the problem from different perspectives, break it down into more approachable bits, and devise a structured approach to finding solutions.
• Research skills: You are resourceful in finding information, knowledge and data from different sources. You can organize information and data in a structured manner for further analysis. You can assess, filter and evaluate the information to arrive at your own insights or conclusions, supported by a well-reasoned thought process.
• Proficiency in data tools and software: You are familiar with data analysis tools such as Excel, SQL, or Python. You can create charts, graphics and other tools to represent insights derived from data.
• Excellent communicator: You are fluent in written and spoken English. You can present complex ideas and concepts to audiences in an easy-to-understand manner. You can produce quality content across different formats and mediums.
• Entrepreneurial: You are self-motivated, resourceful, and have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and highly agile environment.
• Operational excellence: You have a keen eye for detail and an exceptionally high bar for accuracy and quality. You also hold your peers to similar standards in their work.
• Strong opinions, loosely held: You are humble in embracing better ideas from others, eager to make things better, open to challenges and possibilities.
• Personal excellence: You are self-motivated and can work independently. You have a strong sense of self-leadership and are curious and creative in finding ways to improve existing projects and workflows. You are open to feedback, and proactively request for review on ways to improve your work.
• People skills: You have experience working with other individuals in a team towards achieving a common goal. You like sharing your knowledge with others.
• Integrity: You demonstrate sound judgment and ability to handle highly sensitive and private data.
• Able to commit for a 3 - 6 months internship period (6 months preferred)!
• For this position, we only hire one (1) intern for every quarter of the year (Q1-Q4).
• Please note that we only accept local candidates from Malaysia & Singapore. If you are interested in a remote position based outside Malaysia & Singapore, look at our remote roles.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• RM 1,500 or SGD 1,000 allowance /month if you are based in Malaysia or Singapore respectively.
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Transport Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance to ease the cost of travelling.
• Flexible Claim Benefits: You will be allocated a quarterly budget of RM1,800 / SGD1,200 to subsidise your meals and setup your work-from-home station.
• An opportunity to learn about blockchain and cryptocurrencies from one of the pioneering companies in the industry.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!