Software Engineer Intern (Web)
Malaysia / Singapore
Student Internship – Software Engineer (Mobile/ Web) /
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
What you'll be doing:
• Web design & development: Assist to design and develop web applications and software solutions that meet the business' needs and requirements. Support execution of full software development lifecycles based on the department’s strategy.
• Software development: Write clean, reusable and maintainable code and libraries. Develop and push code into the production environment effectively.
• Code reviews: Support code reviews activities and propose ways to improve practices within the team.
• Documentation: Develop documentation to supplement project delivery and maintain a knowledge base for collaborators in the same or other teams.
• Defect recovery: Assist in testing and debugging procedures to ensure that code is error-free and meets specifications. Able to replicate defects, provide insights from code implementation, and resolve the issues according to team objectives.
• Sharpen the Saw: Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web development and contribute to continuous improvement of the team's technical skills.
• Team Player: Work collaboratively with engineering, product managers and designers to ship out products and features in a timely and effective manner.
• Support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you:
• Proven track record: You have relevant or prior experience in developing usable, full-featured web applications.
• Education: You are currently pursuing or recently finished a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields, or have comparable experience in software development and fundamentals.
• Product Knowledge: Strong desire and passion to learn about the blockchain/cryptocurrency industry and the problems faced by users.
• People Skills: Communicates clearly and have experience working with other individuals in a team towards achieving a common goal.
• Leadership: Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision after 3 months. Has a strong sense of self-leadership, is curious and creative in finding solutions to a given task.
• Scope of Work: Work primarily on tightly scoped, routine problems where the key results are clearly defined.
• Problem Solving: Passionate about solving problems faced by stakeholders together with strong user empathy.
• Growth Mindset: Love delving into new technologies and new ways of doing things.
• You have keen interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and smart contracts.
Please note that we only accept local candidates from Malaysia & Singapore. If you are interested in a remote position based outside Malaysia & Singapore, look at our remote roles.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
• RM 1,500 or SGD 1,000 allowance /month if you are based in Malaysia or Singapore respectively.
• Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
• Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
• Transport Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance to ease the cost of travelling.
• Flexible Claim Benefits: You will be allocated a quarterly budget of RM1,800 / SGD1,200 to subsidise your meals and setup your work-from-home station.
• An opportunity to learn about blockchain and cryptocurrencies from one of the pioneering companies in the industry.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!