Legal Counsel - Regional (PH)
Taguig, National Capital Region /
Legal, and Governance, Risk, and Compliance – Legal /
Join the Pioneer Crypto Brand in the Philippines!
Coins is the most established crypto brand in The Philippines and has gained the trust of more than 18 million users. Through the easy-to-use mobile app, users can buy and sell a variety of different cryptocurrencies and access a wide range of financial services.
Coins is fully regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and is the first ever crypto-based company in Asia to hold both Virtual Currency and Electronic Money Issuer licenses from a central bank.
What you'll do
- Provide legal support to international operating entities.
- Provide clear and actionable counsel to the business on a broad range of legal and regulatory issues involving transactional, operational, and risk-related matters.
- Provide practical advice on legal issues and risks in a risk-tolerant, but compliance-oriented environment, including the impact on the company's long-term strategy for business.
- Provide innovative legal solutions for complex projects involving new technologies to support commercial objectives including the analysis and advice on new regulatory guidance in the fintech industry.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a range of commercial contracts, such as but not limited to vendor contracts and investment agreements.
- Serve as part of a multi-jurisdiction legal team.
- Assist in guiding and driving licensing efforts and eliminating regulatory and operational blockers by collaborating with cross-functional teams internally and engaging with local and foreign regulators.
What we expect from you
- With approximately 4 - 7 years’ experience, including at least 2-4 years in a local or international law firm or multinational company and preferably some experience working in a regulated e-money / payment services or financial services institution in the Philippines and/or Asia Pacific (e.g. virtual asset/currency exchange, e-money issuer, payment service firm, broker dealer / asset manager) or in a law firm supporting such clients.
- Familiarity with financial services regulation is required and experience dealing with financial regulators such as the Monetary Authority of Singapore, or Thailand SEC, and/or other key international regulators is preferred.
- Experience with technology companies (ideally Fintech) whether with clients while at a law firm or as an employee.
- Ability to handle a broad and varied task while using sound judgment, analytical rigor, and business pragmatism. With minimum supervision, must be able to deliver concise and practical legal advice to corporate executives on a wide range of issues.
- Hands-on, good team player and enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Highly motivated and proactive - eager to establish processes and structures and to strive for continuous improvement and with a passion for payments and cryptocurrency/blockchain. Fluency in English with outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Regional exposure preferably in the APAC region.
Join the Coins Team Now!
Meaningful Collaborations - The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with other relevant teams to carry out implementations that will improve and create an impact on customer experience.
Scalable Growth - Be part of a fast-growing organization with the vision to expand its territories outside APAC which will provide opportunities for career advancement.
A Space For Bright Ideas - Let your bright ideas be converted into meaningful changes! Coins culture welcomes new ideas backed up by data to create an impact.