Web Engineer (SH)
Technology – Frontend /
Full-time Employee /
Join the Pioneer Crypto Brand in the Philippines!
Coins is the most established crypto brand in The Philippines and has gained the trust of more than 18 million users. Through the easy-to-use mobile app, users can buy and sell a variety of different cryptocurrencies and access a wide range of financial services.
Coins is fully regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and is the first ever crypto-based company in Asia to hold both Virtual Currency and Electronic Money Issuer licenses from a central bank.
Coins is looking for Senior and Middle-level Engineers to maintain and evolve our platform!
We built one of the largest cash distribution networks in the Philippines, operating through over 33,000 partner locations domestically and over 500,000 locations worldwide.
Currently, we are working on 6 projects from scratch such as e-wallet, crypto transactions, integrations with our partners and internal anti-fraud system.
Our Engineering team mostly works remotely, but our HQ is located in Manila, Philippines.
You will do well on this position if you pay attention to details and are interested in:
1. clear, idiomatic code
2. reasoning about service boundaries, SLAs
3. designing and building resilient systems (chaos engineering)
4. databases and distributed systems
5. load testing (we use Yandex.Tank)
What you'll do
- Communicate with product owner and UX designer to understand requirements
- Make appropriate design and architecture trade-offs for new features
- Review code with peers to surface design and implementation issues
- Identify risks and dependencies in development life cycle
- Write unit test and automated functional test for features
- Account for the performance, operation and serviceability of user experience
- Learn cutting-edge technologies and evaluate if our system can benefit from it. Innovative attitude is very welcome during our daily work.
What we expect from you
- B.S. or above in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 3+ years frontend development experience and 1+ years frontend architecture experience
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming and patterns
- Proficient in React, VUE and corresponding technology stack
- Familiar with HTTP(s) protocol and RESTful specifications
- Teamwork ability with passion & energy
- Good written and oral English skills is a plus
Join the Coins Team Now!
Meaningful Collaborations - The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with other relevant teams to carry out implementations that will improve and create an impact on customer experience.
Scalable Growth - Be part of a fast-growing organization with the vision to expand its territories outside APAC which will provide opportunities for career advancement.
A Space For Bright Ideas - Let your bright ideas be converted into meaningful changes! Coins culture welcomes new ideas backed up by data to create an impact.