Legal Counsel (PH)
Taguig, National Capital Region
Legal, and Governance, Risk, and Compliance – Legal /
Join the Pioneer Crypto Brand in the Philippines!
Coins is the most established crypto brand in The Philippines and has gained the trust of more than 18 million users. Through the easy-to-use mobile app, users can buy and sell a variety of different cryptocurrencies and access a wide range of financial services.
Coins is fully regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and is the first ever crypto-based company in Asia to hold both Virtual Currency and Electronic Money Issuer licenses from a central bank.
Join the leading Crypto Brand in the Philippines!
Who we are
We are one of the earliest and largest crypto platforms in Southeast Asia offering exchange and wallet services to our users. Our product lineup also includes electronic payment service and e-wallet. Through our wallet, users can send money to anyone, pay for bills, shop online at over 100,000 merchants, receive money transfers from 200+ countries even without a bank account, and of course view and purchase cryptocurrencies.
What you'll do
- Provide clear and actionable counsel to the business on a broad range of legal and regulatory issues involving transactional, operational, and risk-related matters.
- Provide practical advice on legal issues and risks in a risk-tolerant, but compliance-oriented environment, including the impact on the company's long-term strategy for business.
- Provide innovative legal solutions for complex projects involving new technologies to support commercial objectives including the analysis and advice on new regulatory guidance in the fintech industry.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a range of commercial contracts, such as but not limited to vendor contracts and investment agreements.
- Serve as part of a multi-jurisdiction international legal team.
- Assist in guiding and driving licensing efforts and eliminating regulatory and operational blockers by collaborating with cross-functional teams internally and engaging with local regulators.
What we expect from you
- Minimum 4 -7 years of post-qualification experience in general corporate, M&A, regulatory compliance, and/or dispute resolution practices in the Philippines.
- Excellent judgment, analytical rigor, clear communication, and business pragmatism.
- A good team player and enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Motivated self-starter with a passion for payments and cryptocurrency and requires minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English with outstanding writing and communication skills.
Join the Coins Team Now!
Meaningful Collaborations - The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with other relevant teams to carry out implementations that will improve and create an impact on customer experience.
Scalable Growth - Be part of a fast-growing organization with the vision to expand its territories outside APAC which will provide opportunities for career advancement.
A Space For Bright Ideas - Let your bright ideas be converted into meaningful changes! Coins culture welcomes new ideas backed up by data to create an impact.