Market and Liquidity Risk
Taguig, National Capital Region /
Legal, and Governance, Risk, and Compliance – Risk /
Join the Pioneer Crypto Brand in the Philippines!
Coins is the most established crypto brand in The Philippines and has gained the trust of more than 18 million users. Through the easy-to-use mobile app, users can buy and sell a variety of different cryptocurrencies and access a wide range of financial services.
Coins is fully regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) and is the first ever crypto-based company in Asia to hold both Virtual Currency and Electronic Money Issuer licenses from a central bank.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the identification, analysis, measurement and management of market and liquidity risks arising from balance sheet portfolios, and trading and structuring business of Coins.ph.
- Provide support in the selection and implementation of investment and business strategies.
- Build infrastructure required for allocating, monitoring and reporting risk and performance vis-à-vis strategies and market developments.
- Provide analysis of new products/activities/services and processes.
- Preparing reports on the level of market and liquidity risks and any violations of the internal and external instructions that would expose the Company to risks.
- Help raise risk awareness, provide education and training to employees inside the organization.
- Create and maintain an external network with other senior risk managers, and relevant risk forums.
- Maintain awareness of changes in market and liquidity industry standards, best practices, and risk landscape to maintain professional competence
- Must have analytical capabilities to analyze and detect prospective risks and vulnerabilities.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with other risk management professionals to properly appreciate the company’s key risks and create effective risk management solutions.
- Must have a thorough understanding of accounting systems, financial ratios and tools, and a working knowledge of numerous market and liquidity monitoring languages.
- Must possess leadership abilities to motivate and manage their teams. If a threat happens, offer employees support, make suggestions, and manage the potential risk.
- Able to solve technical problems analytically and successfully manage information collection, analysis, reports, and other tasks. The MLRM Risk Manager must have outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Must be familiar with applicable banking regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Economics/Statistics/Accountancy /Finance/Business management or related field
- Over 5 years work experience in Market and Liquidity risk management, Finance, Accounting. and/or Audit or other relevant experience
- Familiarity with MLRM control frameworks and standards such as BSP regulations, ISO, COSO, and Basel II and III
- Well-developed organization and project management skills with proven ability to effectively manage time, prioritize, and handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate from process owners to senior management
Join the Coins Team Now!
Meaningful Collaborations - The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with other relevant teams to carry out implementations that will improve and create an impact on customer experience.
Scalable Growth - Be part of a fast-growing organization with the vision to expand its territories outside APAC which will provide opportunities for career advancement.
A Space For Bright Ideas - Let your bright ideas be converted into meaningful changes! Coins culture welcomes new ideas backed up by data to create an impact.