Product & Engineering
About this role:
Coinsquare's Engineering and Product Team is growing rapidly and we're looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to help guide and develop the team. This role is as unique as it is exciting.
As a Technical Product Owner, you’ll collaborate with team members and key stakeholders to ensure we're building the most valuable features, identifying new market opportunities, and driving internal and external awareness of our product capabilities.
This role is an opportunity to be a mentor and leader for the Engineering and Product Team, as well as an opportunity to get your hands dirty – doing any job on the team necessary to build and sustain a successful product.
What you’ll do:
- Represent both the customer and internal stakeholders, embracing, sharing, and communicating the product vision
- Maximize the value that the product provides to both users and the organization in part through analysis of acquisition, activation, retention, revenue, and referral data
- Help drive product discovery and road-mapping exercises, facilitating a shared understanding of our product's who, what, why
- Help drive the team's technical approach, using your deep knowledge and experience as a web developer/programmer
- Working closely with your Scrum Master, identify and resolve issues and concerns that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
What you bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- A minimum of 4+ years of experience, including at least 2 years of project management experience
- Experience with Agile project management
- Experience leading projects through the complete redesign project life cycle
- Ability to tailor project management best practices to project teams to deliver business value
- Worked directly with teams of developers as well as non-technical people
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies quickly
- Hands-on experience in Full Stack Development
- Strong in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Server Side Development Experience with Node.js
- Knowledge and experience in relational databases preferably MySQL and NoSQLs
- Understanding of RESTful architectures and experience working/interacting with web services
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design and programming patterns
Who you'll work with:
- UI/UX designers to improve the product
- Engineers to plan and build the product
- QA Analysts to test and debug the product
- Marketing to position the product
- Client Success to support the product
- Data Analytics to growth hack the product
- Senior Leadership to align the product vision and strategy
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 140 employees by November of 2018. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.
By applying to Coinsquare, you agree to receive occasional emails from Coinsquare about our products and services. There is no purchase required and you can opt out at any time.