Senior Compliance Manager
Tetra Trust Company /
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Manager for a new affiliated company with Coinsquare, Tetra Trust Company. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for maintaining core components of the Compliance function and supporting the development and execution of strategic plans.
Job Description :
- Responsible for managing our regulatory relationships and strategy
- Manage and maintain all compliance policies and procedures
- Work with the Compliance teams at other divisions at Coinsquare to establish an overall vision for the compliance program
- Conduct periodic compliance testing, trading surveillance, risk assessments, assess findings and address both the strengths and deficiencies with key stakeholders
- Manage the company’s activities related to internal and external audits
- Lead and perform due diligence on third parties in partnership with Coinsquare
- Ensure regulatory filings, reports and documentation are completed with accuracy and expediency
- Perform necessary regulatory filings and registrations
- Train company staff on compliance program and fraud prevention measures
- Proven experience in managing risk and compliance issues within a regulated business and implementing such compliance programs
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to AML, banking, securities law or trading activities
- Background with a robust and independent mindset ability to create and implement simple, elegant solutions
- Exemplary problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards, and experience with regulators
- Excellent attention to detail for critical analysis capabilities
- Solid time management skills, communication, interpersonal and team interaction skills
- Professional certification (e.g. CFA, MBA, CAMS, CFE, Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP) is a plus)
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.